Who has been first week of December?

anolen300

Mouseketeer
Thinking about going first week of Dec next year. Does anyone know if Pop Warner has big effect on parks? I know the 2013 dates for it haven't been announced but knowing our luck it will be that first week.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

We Were they a couple of years ago when Pop was there, we didn't find any thing wrong , in fact we r going back Dec 1-11 2013. We have been there several diffrent times of the year and like this time the best. Well... really , is there a bad time of the year for Disney? lol :love:

anolen300 said:
Thinking about going first week of Dec next year. Does anyone know if Pop Warner has big effect on parks? I know the 2013 dates for it haven't been announced but knowing our luck it will be that first week.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

We went the first week of December last year - didn't notice the Pop Warner kids at all.

I was there this past weekend with the Pop Warner kids and they didn't bother me at all. One time that weekend we had a few on BTMRR yelling but all in good fun. I have been that week around 10 times and very few times have I have any issues with them, most of the time sadly its the parents not the kids that get to me. Early December is my favorite time to go don't worry about Pop Warner go and have fun!

Pop Warner has minimal impact on the parks. It's only a factor if you stay at the same resort as them. This year, they are at All Stars, CBR and CSR.

With Thanksgiving falling so late next year, however, they likely will not be there the first full week of December. They will likely begin to arrive 12/7 and leave the following Saturday.

Here this week which is Pop Warner. We have definitely seen some groups of cheerleaders in the parks but certainly it has not been an issue. Overall I feel like this week has been low crowds and perfect weather!

We noticed Pop Warner attendees on the buses quite a bit, and around the value resorts (AS Sports, obviously). In the parks the impact was less noticable. It's a good time to go otherwise (though when we went in 2010 it was FREEZING COLD the entire week).

kevdo said:
We noticed Pop Warner attendees on the buses quite a bit, and around the value resorts (AS Sports, obviously). In the parks the impact was less noticable. It's a good time to go otherwise (though when we went in 2010 it was FREEZING COLD the entire week).

Me too! Burr...

Regarding Pop Warner, as the PPs have said, unless you're at one the resorts they're based at, they aren't really that noticeable. We had lunch at PoR (I think) and it was the moderate that they were using that year and we saw lots of cheer leading groups there, but that was pretty much the only time we saw lots of them at once. I wouldn't change my vacation plans because of Pop Warner (unless you were thinking of staying at one of their resorts, in which case it might be hard to get a room).

We love that week. We really have never noticed Pop Warner people. We stay deluxe, so we don't see them around the hotel and have never been bothered in the parks.

Went this year and last year first week of December and besides the cheerleaders doing loud cheers while walking through the parks or parading around the hotel, it's been fine. We stayed at Pop Century, while I believe got the overflow this year because there was a lot of groups and a sign for Pop Warner check in.

We have been here all week, and have seen some of the kids, but it has no impact at all. You'll notice the Brazilian much more, but just go in the opposite direction.
We were also here in 2010, and yep, it was COLD!

Did not have any issues with the groups we saw in the parks during the day but do think they added to the crowd level on Monday night at the EMH at Magic Kingdom. Around parade and wishes time the park was as bad as NYE around the hub and main street was closed between the parades for leaving the park because so many people we coming in , so got to do the backstage way out to the other end. During the day I do not think it was an issue at all and really found that apparently many families with young children have also decided that the first week in Dec is the time to go because it seemed busier than other years. The Pop Warner kids did not really impact any of the ride experiences other than being a little loud and giggly at times . Didn;t see any line hopping or rudeness from them at all.

Here now and crowd levels are not that bad. Wait times are 20minutes or so on most rides. pop Warner kids start slithering out in the evenings and become more visible in the afternoon after Tuesday as they get eliminated. Cheerleaders unfortunately are out more. God help you if you're at an allstar resort and plan to enjoy your resort time. :scared:

I've gone the first or second week the past three years. I'm leaving Monday for a week. Very good time to go. I've never even noticed Pop Warner or the cheerleaders (I normally stay at All Star Movies but this year I'm staying off-site).

just got back yesterday from a week st WDW. The PW groups were no problem at all. Weather was wonderful. If fact I packed some warm weather and some cold weather clothes to be prepared for anything. All we needed were were the warm wether clothes. Wish I had packed more shorts and less long underwear.

Just got back today from a week long trip. In my opinion it was pretty crowded compared to previous Dec. trips. DTD was a madhouse each time we went and the MMVMCP was insanely crowded the night we went. EPCOT wasn't too bad nor was IOA. We saw a lot of teams in the parks and restaurants which in previous trips I've never even noticed them. I will avoid Pop Warner week in the future although all the kids were well behaved. Weather was awesome though :)

We just returned, I don't think it had a huge affect on the crowds although you did know they were there.

We also ran into a very large Brazillian tour group that nearly ran my son and I over during EMH in MK trying to get in line for Space Mountain.

We just got back as well. Probably the greatest trip we've ever had as far as ride experiences - we waited for almost nothing the entire week other than Test Track on initial soft opening day. And we rode all of the headliners multiple times. Lots of cheerleaders and PW kids running around but no real impact on our trip.

The very large groups running around singing and chanting (Brazilian tour groups, I think) were a new obstacle to dodge but all in all the first week of December was fabulous for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter