Who gets emotional at MK??

Discussion in 'Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers' started by SarahC73, Jan 6, 2013.

1. winnieatepooh

winnieatepooh Mouseketeer

This past vacation was the first time that my fiance and I saw the fireworks at MK together, and when they were over he turns to me and says I just cried watching that I was so happy. And I said I did too! Haha I'm definitely a mess when I see MK!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Ellsbells

Ellsbells Mouseketeer

As soon as I saw the castle on my first trip last year I burst into tears around 50 other au pairs...luckily everyone was really nice to me and when we went to meet Mickey and Minnie they let me go first because I was jumping around as I was so excited haha.
    I also cry thinking about the fact I get to see my little sisters face light up this year when she see's the fireworks for the first time :)

4. com_op_2000

com_op_2000 DVC Member since '93

DW cries at the end of every DVC stay. On the way out of the parking lot she looks around at whatever resort we were at and starts to well up. We have had over 100+ DVC stays.

5. UrsulaGirl

UrsulaGirl Earning My Ears

Every single time. Can't wait to cry through Wishes again next week!

6. jimmiej

jimmiej I invented the Naked Segway Tour

Am I the only man willing to admit being emotional about WDW? ;) Wishes does it to me every time!

7. pauly's girl

pauly's girl Mouseketeer

I get emotional whenever I walk through the gates for the first time and watching wishes. Even watching the Disney specials on the travel channel gets me a little choked up!! :rotfl2:

8. MichelleWDWfan

MichelleWDWfan Mouseketeer

I'm right there with all of you. I get so emotional!
    My first trip to the world was 5 years ago with DS who was 12 at the time.
    I've been to WDW 6 times since 2009...trip number 7 coming up soon!

I still get just as emotional. Especially during the MK opening ceremony, and the Celebrate Parade, walking down Main Street at MK opening with the Good morning music playing and the Cast members waving and saying good morning.

I carry tissues with me at all times in the World. I'm tearing up just thinking about my next visit in March!

So glad, that I'm not the only Adult that gets like this. I just love WDW, it's truly my happy place.

9. Asc341

Asc341 Mouseketeer

I tear up often when I'm listening to or watching Disney things at home, but when I get to Disney sometimes I'm too exhausted to be able to cry from joy. Having said that, the last three times I've seen Wishes in person I have cried every time. Not only are the fireworks beautiful and the park so magical, but it made me remember my dreams as a kid, and I realized that all my wishes actually have come true! Crying at Wishes on my last trip with my fiance and mom, out of pure gratitude and love, is a moment I'll never forget!

10. ashmarie06

ashmarie06 DIS Veteran

I cry everytime I walk into magic kingdom. It's just the epitome of Disney!

11. Bluefox

Bluefox Earning My Ears

I'm absolutely loving reading everyones stories!! So great to hear that Disney has such a profound effect on so many. Right now, thinking of my upcoming trip is helping me through the January blues lol. I have to say, I don't actually cry at anything Disney, but I'm very emotional on the inside...like a combo of love/excitement/adrenaline is rushing through me. I kind of do the "bouncy kid dance". Passing under the Magic Kingdom sign outside the park, seeing the monorail pull into station, setting eyes on It's a Small World...yep, all pure Heaven ;-)

12. Sgt.Tibbs

Sgt.Tibbs Mouseketeer

I'm getting emotional just reading this thread!
    3 more weeks!!!!!!!

13. Nancy F

Nancy F DIS Veteran

I tear up on the Magic Express. EVERY Time!!! LOL. And when I first see "my" Castle. And I used to cry through the Kodak films.
    Nancy princess:

14. Disneyandphilliesfan

Disneyandphilliesfan Mouseketeer

Its all part of our lives going to Magic Kingdom brings memories of those who are no longer with us.So yes emotions are strong there.

15. MUFFYCAT

MUFFYCAT <marquee behavior=alternate><font color=deeppink>S

I shed alot of tears:
    First time we see the Disney sign on the highway
    Pulling up in front of the Polynesian, walking into the room.
    Standind on Main Street looking at the castle
    The Main Street trolley dancers
    The music and lighting of the castle, especially at Christmas time.

I could go on and on....

16. Terk-1

Terk-1 Cinderella's Castle is My 2nd Home!! Only 1,3

I get a little teary and find myself catching my breath when I see:

The Entrance Sign for Walt Disney World. It's like when you go under that sign, all of your worries and all of the weight on your shoulders are gone, even if only for a short time. :hyper: :yay:

The Castle for the first time on that trip. I will actually stop, close my eyes and listen to the soft music playing, :music: then open them again, see the castle and find a tear running down my cheek everytime.

Watching the Fireworks. It just seems to complete the magical day!

Knowing that I am finally at my Happiest Place on Earth!!! That I am at a place where I get to be a kid again and no one is there to judge me. :goofy:

When I see my beloved Haunted Mansion again!!!!!!! :hmghost::hmghost::hmghost: Knowing that all of my 999 friends can't wait to see me again!!

The finale of Illuminations or Fantasmic gets me everytime, even at home listening to the music.

The music in the parks can be such a powerful emotional thing. It's amazing how often people don't think twice about it, but that when you hear the music/songs either in the parks or even at home, it triggers so many happy memories.

I listen to park music alot at work or in my car and find myself imagining being on that attraction or walking through that part of the park. It's such a mood changer that I find myself smiling so much more.

17. MrsDuck

MrsDuck DIS Veteran

Every single time!

18. lydzma

lydzma Earning My Ears

Last night I got my dining reservations from my agent and started welling up with tears just thinking of being there! And last week I was listening to some Disney music and I had to wipe my eyes thinking about being in that wonderful place! :cloud9:

19. MichelleWDWfan

MichelleWDWfan Mouseketeer

:grouphug:
    The Disney commercials on TV even get me going LOL
    Oh yeah I forgot about the video on Magic Express
    THe WDW entrance sign, and the MK sign.

So many things, get me tearing up, because I am so happy to be back in my happy place.

That's why I always carry tissues with me!

20. KateB

KateB Mouseketeer

I am right there with you! I sometimes feel silly & try to hide it from my DH. He is definitely not an emotional guy.

21. DisneyMagic3

DisneyMagic3 Earning My Ears

Oh boy. This thread scares me. I'm going to be a blubbery hot mess in Disney! I haven't been since I was a kid and I know there's going to be a mass flood of emotions for not only the magic I feel but also the magic my DD and her dad feel. She's going for the first time, as is he (he's never even been out of our country!).

Will be packing extra tissues now!