Who feels like a threadkiller - Take 4!

Happy Birthday Liz!!!!

Happy Travels to Mary and Ann!!!

Nice day here today, hi 70's and sunny. Dfil is on his way home-he should be here around dinnertime.

Great pictures Betsy!

Beautiful day here to Colleen!
:thumbsup2

Robin, I got a Suzuki LX7. They call it the "luxury" model because it has a sunroof and leather seats and some other stuff added. It is "cranberry metallic" ummm I call it maroon! DMV calls it red!

It is a 2008, and has 12,000 miles on it. It was a rental vehicle.

Gads you guys are chatty, I can't keep up! Prom weekend over here, and I'm not sure my heart can take it.

:faint: What a day.

Most of it was great and parts of it were not so great.

I did some things around the house, went and did a bit of shopping with Liz.

We then went out to a really nice restaurant to celebrate her birthday.

Before we had even ordered I felt my phone vibrate, it was a number that I did not recognize.

It was the nursing home about my dad.

He had an "episode" at supper time where he passed out and had no pulse for several minutes:scared:

He did come back and then got him to his room and settled in his bed. The nurse said that his breathing was really bad (not breathing for long periods of time) and that his blood pressure was really low.

While I was talking to the nurse the waitress took our order which we had to cancel because we had to get over to my dad and also pick up my mom and take her there.

When Alex and I got there he was alone in his room and looked very pale and lifeless:eek: But he was breathing.

Long story short, he is still with us. His breathing is still irregular, which is not really all that strange because he always did breath like that.

His blood pressure is better too.

Have no idea what happened to him but all his limbs seem functional and he "talks" words that we can understand but don't always make sense (as per usual)

Both my brothers showed up and dad seemed somewhat stable so we headed off to have our birthday dinner and I returned to sit at the home for a bit after that.

Crazy day here. Hopefully he will recover :confused3

:hug: for Robin. Hopefully Dad is better today and they figure out what happened to him and can correct it!

Update on my dad:

My mom called the home this morning to check on him and the nurse told her she wouldn't believe it.

But my dad is up and walking around and smiling this morning like nothing ever happened:confused3

I think I forgot to put in my other post that he has a DNR and was not resuscitated yesterday. All they did was rub his sternum hard and he came back on his own.

Silly old guy, basically on his deathbed last night and this morning is back to his usual self.

That's a good thing though:thumbsup2

My mom has a dentist appointment at 10 this morning and then is going to stop in and check up on dad herself.

But so far he seems like he's back to normal.

Update on my dad:

My mom called the home this morning to check on him and the nurse told her she wouldn't believe it.

But my dad is up and walking around and smiling this morning like nothing ever happened:confused3

I think I forgot to put in my other post that he has a DNR and was not resuscitated yesterday. All they did was rub his sternum hard and he came back on his own.

Silly old guy, basically on his deathbed last night and this morning is back to his usual self.

My mom has a dentist appointment at 10 this morning and then is going to stop in and check up on dad herself.

:wizard:Great news!!!!!:wizard::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

So did you smack your boss in the head too. He's an adult....he should know better!

I did PLENTY OF TIMES THIS PAST 2 Weeks. Anyhooo between today & June 1 I only work 1 day!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Got lots to do round the house & yard

Hello My TKer friends...

Ive been really busy with work and family stuff...
I have been trying to keep up on the reading ...but have been lacking in my posting...Sorry!:blush:

Hey Slacka!:goodvibes Pics are GREAT!:thumbsup2

DU sounds like we could both use our upcoming Disney vacations!

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK YEAH!

I've never been a fan of Star Trek. Funny thing tho DU, the only episode I like is "The trouble with tribbles" and I love that episode. TNG was decent. I could stand to sit through that one.!
tng???????????????????:confused3

Got a new car yesterday. Well new to me. It is a previous rental vehicle and only has 12,000 miles on it.:woohoo:
:car::wizard::wizard: HERE IS SOME VIRTUAL CHANGE TO THROW IN THE BACKSEAT!:)

Gads you guys are chatty, I can't keep up! Prom weekend over here, and I'm not sure my heart can take it.
:drinking1

Update on my dad:

:scared1: Whadda Scare. So glad he is doing better. Bizarre stuff. :confused3

I did PLENTY OF TIMES THIS PAST 2 Weeks. Anyhooo between today & June 1 I only work 1 day!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Got lots to do round the house & yard

tng???????????????????:confused3

:car::wizard::wizard: HERE IS SOME VIRTUAL CHANGE TO THROW IN THE BACKSEAT!:)

One day of work!:woohoo:

tng= Star Trek the Next Generation

Thanks for the cash!:rotfl::car:

:wizard:Great news!!!!!:wizard::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Yes that is great news.

I stopped in this afternoon just to see how he was and he was out walking the halls, just like any other ordinary day.:)

Really so strange.

How he could be almost dying last night and today he's back to his usual self.

He was quite talkative today too. Coherent sentences but not appropriate also as per usual.

For example, we were walking down the hall and he says..... they are going to start putting the stores in along here soon:thumbsup2

Any how, hopefully it was just a blip on the radar that does not show up again.:wizard:

Ummm...maybe you should go over to Kims and give her a hand. You culd drive Kelly to all her events, while Kim catches up on her sleep. ;)
I LIKE your thinking PD! :lmao: Unfortunately, Dorene lives too far away from me to do that. ;)

Kelly's team lost tonight, 9-7 against the 1st place team. Not bad. Her team had 2 hits, and Kelly had one of them. :thumbsup2 Her defense was even better than the hit tho. :woohoo:

Kelly came home from school today with a 'note' about tomorrow night's GS ceremony - everyone bring a dessert or appetizer! Excuse me, one day notice?!?! :headache: Where's Ann when I need her?? :rotfl: I think I'll be stopping at Sara Lee after work/before the ceremony to get 'something?'. :confused3

Oh well! Weather is beautiful here! I wore shorts tonight! :scared1:

:grouphug:

Good Morning':goodvibes

Clean up day, take Pop to Dr's (this will be weird...cause it's the same Dr who tried to operate on Mom when she passed....:guilty:), then he MUST go for a haircut (all 2 hairs). While he is getting his 2 hair cuts I will do some food shopping, then go pick up the kids.

Later!:wizard:

I think I'll be stopping at Sara Lee after work/before the ceremony to get 'something?'. :confused3

Sounds like a plan too me!:thumbsup2

Andy?? No one posted today after you??? :confused3

I'm next??? :confused3

Did you start a TK5 and leave me out?? :confused3

Wow, hope everyone is doing ok!! :thumbsup2

Kelly's GS ceremony tonight was fine. They did some skits and some jokes, and Kelly actually got 'physical' and sprayed another girl with "John the Baptist" water. :laughing: You had to be there, I guess. ;) It was a knock-knock joke. :rolleyes: I got an 'award' :sad2: (a GS water bottle) for being the 'official' (do nothing) co-leader. ALL I did was sign a bank account signature card last year, and fill out a physical/medical form to be 'counted' as co-leader. Shame on me! When I heard the 'intro', I yelled "NO". I am totally UNworthy!!! :sad2:

DU, my Sara Lee/Maurice Lenell desserts were fine, and plentiful, and I left with some of them, but shared more. Appetizers are hard to do in advance (if warm) when you have to sit thru a program first. :rolleyes1 (Ann??)

Next project, among many, is ironing &/or sewing on all of Kelly's badges and patches from the past 2 years - YES, the past 2 years! I just don't commit to these things that she does as much as she does. :rolleyes1 We had to FIND her badges and patches from last year, so now I have 2 years worth of GS badges and patches to iron on. :rolleyes1

Ugh

On the positive side, GS doesn't officially start again until September! I've got all summer to iron/sew! :rotfl: Even tho they have events over the summer.

Sat is 2 skating sessions for her, afternoon and evening. Sun is softball practice, and I'm insisting she take Monday OFF, from everything! She is just wearing me out! :headache: She COULD go to a Memorial Day celebration and Parade, but I had to say no! If I'm THIS tired, she HAS to be a little tired, too! :confused3

Hoping you're ALL ok!! :grouphug:

Kim, you have me laughing on the find and then iron on the badges thing. My girls haven't been in scouting for the past 4 years and I still find badges in unexpected places. Seems that an awful lot pop up in the cabinets above my refrigerator. I must have thought that was a good place to keep them until I got the chance to sew them on!

Good morning all.

Technically I'm not home this weekend but I am right now:thumbsup2

We are camping out at the local airplane club field but since Alex is moving out tomorrow I thought I'd come home today for a bit.

I want to make sure that he crams as much kayrap into his car as he possibly can:rotfl:

If I left it to him, he'd take his paramedic uniforms and that would be enough for him.

I want some of this stuff gone;)

So I'm off to shower and get the day going.

It was freezing in the trailer last night but it's much warmer outside than it was inside. Gonna be a beautiful day here today.

they look so beautiful

Hello My TKer friends...

Ive been really busy with work and family stuff...
I have been trying to keep up on the reading ...but have been lacking in my posting...Sorry!:blush:

Here is a pic of Julia and friend before the prom...

Julia%20and%20friend%20promMay162009.jpg

The prom girls: Jules and her friends
Julia%20and%20friends%20promMay162009.jpg

Her and Jamie, in a group photo of her and her friends..

Julia%20jamie%20and%20friends2%20promMay162009.jpg

If you would like to see more or cant see these...Go To...
http://picasaweb.google.com/betsyv/JuliaSPromPics?feat=directlink

Got to go get ready for work...(11AM-6PM)
Have a great day everyonepixiedust:

TTFNpaw:

That is wonderful news. :cool1:
Update on my dad:

Hello all,

I have to give your give an udate on yesterdays music festival at Dorney Park went. This is Courtney last one. The band, jazz band and choir did wonderful. Winning 11 first place tropheys. :banana::yay:
This was so cool what a way for the 8th graders so go out with a bang. What a gorgous day it was too.

Hope you all are well.
pixiedust: HAVE A HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter