Who feels like a threadkiller - Take 4!

How'd ya do Robin?

Not too well Betsy.

First my ladder was not tall enough to really reach all the window. I have an extension ladder but there is no convenient and safe way to use it by the windows unless I remove the screens which I'm not too sure how to do. Being a new house, I haven't done it before.

And in trying to remove the old caulking I decided that the job was more than I was willing to handle.

So, end result...... really did nothing.

Decided to go and visit with Liz instead :thumbsup2

I like the visiting idea better anyway:thumbsup2

We are having a he** of a time with a "handy" man we hired to finish the siding and putting up a ledger board for a deck.

He was only here a few hrs. the day after he was hired and has called with all kinds of excuses why he hasn't been back yet. Its our first time hiring someone to help us with our construction... Mike is not pleased, but he just doesn't have the time to do it any more with the new job keeping him so busy, and now we are both gun shy about hiring someone to do the deck. We sure wont use this guy again.

Sorry to hear about your so called helper Betsy. That is the sort of thing that I worry about. How the heck do you find someone who will do the job correctly and promptly? You just don't really know what you are getting.

I read on line that there is some kind of caulk softener that you put on the old caulk and it helps to remove it. Guess I will look for that in the spring. It's getting too cold now to get the job done.

It's a chilly day today. I keep turning the heat up a degree every couple of hours trying to combat the cool and dampness.

How'd ya do Robin?

I managed to do the caulking on the windows yesterday but I did not remove the old caulking first.

I know that is not the correct way to do it but at least the holes are filled in for the winter now ;)

Maybe I will remove it all next summer and do it properly........ then again.... maybe not :rotfl2:

By the way, it looks pretty good, if I must say so myself. The vehicles driving down the road at 50 miles an hour (or 80 km an hour in Canadian) will never notice. :cool2:

My brother in law is in town from North Carolina, so we went to Rick's parents house and ordered pizza for dinner:p

It was very yummy!

That is one thing I miss since we moved so far out into the country. I can't just order my favourite pizza for delivery like I used to be able to do in town.

My brother in law is in town from North Carolina, so we went to Rick's parents house and ordered pizza for dinner:p

It was very yummy!

That is one thing I miss since we moved so far out into the country. I can't just order my favourite pizza for delivery like I used to be able to do in town.

Yep!:thumbsup2.. When I call in an order and they say they deliver..and I laugh and say No you wont...I havent had a pizza delivered in over 10 years. It one of the things ya give up living in the country...!;)

Gonna go look for a kitchen set today...Hopefully I can find a good sale.

Have a great one ladies!:wizard:

TTFN:paw:

Yep!:thumbsup2.. When I call in an order and they say they deliver..and I laugh and say No you wont...I havent had a pizza delivered in over 10 years. It one of the things ya give up living in the country...!;)

Gonna go look for a kitchen set today...Hopefully I can find a good sale.

Have a great one ladies!:wizard:

TTFN:paw:

Did you find anything?

Did you find anything?

Nope.:rolleyes2 I'm finding plenty of beautiful sets, but they are so expensive ( close to $1000.00:( ), unless you settle for a veneer, and not a hardwood. Id like to get something that will last many years.

We have a place called "Americas Attic" I love going to it and checking out what they have. They buy out estates, and refurb, then sell again.
I have found in the past nice old hardwood sets for around $4-500.00. Unfortunately They have had very few in since I started looking a month or so ago. They get new things in most weeks, so I keep going in.
So far nothing for me, but I have time. So Ill keep checking.:thumbsup2

Pretty cold out today...But I dont have much to do today.

Have a good onepixiedust:
TTFNpaw:

Of course when you are looking for something you never find it. If you weren't looking you would see tons of them :thumbsup2

Good luck on your hunt, hope you find something soon.

Of course when you are looking for something you never find it. If you weren't looking you would see tons of them :thumbsup2

Good luck on your hunt, hope you find something soon.

This is so true with most things for me. ::yes:::rolleyes2
Having my BIL, and SIL over tonight. So Im off to find something to cook for them..:drive:

Have a good day!:wizard:
TTFNpaw:

Happy Food Hunting Day.

I think we will bbq again. Did chicken breasts last night and maybe will do burgers tonight. That means that I have to go and get some buns though.

The weather's been so gorgeous that it makes me want to bbq. It's supposed to be mid 50's all week and then maybe some snow on Sunday.

I have booked our flights and our room at the POP Century. I checked flights yesterday and they had gone down $50.00 each, so I thought I'd grab them.

We leave on Jan 24 early morning and come back on Jan 28. Just a short time but hopefully it won't be real busy and we can accomplish what we want. We don't have any real expectations, just want to go and enjoy the atmosphere.:thumbsup2

Rick is going to an airplane thing in Phoenix, AZ on the same weekend. So we will be going in opposite directions;)

Happy Food Hunting Day.

I think we will bbq again. Did chicken breasts last night and maybe will do burgers tonight. That means that I have to go and get some buns though.

The weather's been so gorgeous that it makes me want to bbq. It's supposed to be mid 50's all week and then maybe some snow on Sunday.

I have booked our flights and our room at the POP Century. I checked flights yesterday and they had gone down $50.00 each, so I thought I'd grab them.

We leave on Jan 24 early morning and come back on Jan 28. Just a short time but hopefully it won't be real busy and we can accomplish what we want. We don't have any real expectations, just want to go and enjoy the atmosphere.:thumbsup2

Rick is going to an airplane thing in Phoenix, AZ on the same weekend. So we will be going in opposite directions;)

Sounds like a nice plan.:thumbsup2.Please take some photos of the new stuff and let me know what you think of it all when you return.:listen:
I am going with Brit today to a Drs. appt. Nothing big just a checkup. She just doesn't want to go alone, so I am the designated company, and keeper of her stuff when she goes in. ;)
It very cold here, with a heavy frost this morning.:santa: Please push some of that 50 degree weather this way... brrrrrrrr!
Have a good onepixiedust:

TTFNpaw:

Hiya Robin:wave:

How've you been?
I had a busy day today. Went riding bright and early at 8:30AM. Then came home to change then off again to do some food shopping. After that I came home and made chicken chili for My son Mike, Lori, and a couple of their kids, to warm up on after a cold day of hunting. They had no luck BTW. I'm sorry for them and happy for the deer...lol:thumbsup2

Tomorrow I Christmas shop. Busy Busy Busy!:rolleyes:
Now I am gonna veg and watch some TV:happytv:

Have a good evening:wizard:

TTFNpaw:

We have five deer that live behind our house, a doe, a buck and 3 fawns (though they are big now). I was so happy to see all five of them this morning when I had the dogs out in the back yard!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter