Who else is too spoiled by Disney fireworks to enjoy their local ones?

I'm so thankful for Disney fireworks. Here in Parker County, Texas we have a burn ban and a firework ban. I'm just not up for the drive in to Fort Worth or further East to find a display. I'll hold off until our next visit and remember the ones this past March.

Fireworks are only fireworks when you are at Disney (in America)!!!!

I can't watch any other fireworks then when i'm at a disney park.
All the other fireworks are nothing when you compare it to Disney, i know i shouldn't compare but it just happens to me and i can't stop it.
So i stopped watching fireworks other then in a Disney park.

Even the fireworks at Disneyland Paris are bad when you compare it to Disney standards...
But it's better then a local firworks show.

For some reason I have never been that big of a fan of fireworks or parades. Fireworks are better than parades though. :rotfl:

Given that the Fourth of July fireworks are on the Fourth of July, it is HOT and HUMID. :laughing: I would rather be in the AC. :rotfl: However, for years I have worked a Fourth of July fireworks event. Sometimes I get to see a bit of the show, lately not so much.

Nothing compared to WDW. Not even close.

Last night I was working the fireworks. At 3:30 there was no rain on radar but there were storm warnings up for the counties bordering VA. At 3:45 pretty big storms had popped up in the border counties. When I left home at 4:30 I could see the big boomer clouds to the north. By 5:00 it was raining in buckets with strong winds. Rained even harder with a few breaks until 8:15 when the fireworks were canceled.

At least the rain dropped the temperature from 92 to 72! :banana:

The BEST fireworks show I have ever seen was at WDW. ;) It was on the kids first trip to WDW. We went to MSNSHP which was way too late for the kids at that age. We forgot the time and stood in line for the kids first ride on Dumbo.

I looked at the time and it was almost 9:00. :scared1::) We were on Dumbo when the fireworks started. The kids first ride on Dumbo was during the fireworks. :banana:

Tis hard to beat that fireworks show. Though the Illuminations Cruise tied it.

Later,
Dan

DH and I just had this discussion last night. Disney has totally ruined watching fireworks anywhere else! All the more reason to visit again and again!! :thumbsup2

I Live in NYC and watched the Macys Fireworks and even those dont compare to disney.

Maybe they have some better fireworks, but the overall presentation pales in comparison to the disney fireworks experience. Having the lighting and music and environment at disney is far better than standing on a roof watching fireworks over the Hudson River.

Absolutely not! I *love* our local fireworks display! There's a local unofficial guy who shoots off all sorts of "smaller" stuff at the local city park, and then after he's done, we sit & watch the city's fireworks. I absolutely love them. Yes, Disney does a bang-up job of them (although their 4th of July show at Disneyland used to be WAY better than it is now), but I don't think they eclipse everything.

Now, Columbus does a big old magnificent display downtown a day or two before the 4th. They are just as good as Disney in my opinion. But I *HATE* the crowds, so I rarely go.

Sayhello

From the comfort of my air conditioned living room last night, I watched concert and fireworks from Washington DC, New York City and Boston. I was quite happy.

For in-person fireworks, I get my mine every couple years at Walt Disney World.

I was at the MK last night by myself and the fireworks were spectacular. At one poing the castle was red, white, and blue. At the finale fireworks came from all four directions.. Before the finale the fireworks came from behind the castle as usual and at the same time from in front of the MK. I never saw that before. Becaue of the crowds I would not advise for small children on that day. I never saw a happy child all day. Disney had extra crowd control cast members and did an outstanding job. I had a great time while Christy worked. Ha Ha.

John

I just can't seem to get up for them. I'm at the point now where I just skip them. After having seen Disney fireworks countless times, local ones, put on by the community just don't measure up. I know they mean well, but it's just so underwhelming.

Anyone else feel the same way, or am I being a "nighttime spectacular" snob?

I'm soooo glad to hear that it's not just me. :rotfl:

One of my DB's and his kids love fireworks. He gets the roadside stand, do-it-yourself stuff and the kids are thrilled. I once was talking about a local baseball game that I had gone to and I said how I loved to cut out right before the fireworks because I get out of the parking lot much easier. He couldn't understand why I'd not stay for the fireworks or how Disney's could be THAT much better. :lmao: :lmao: silly man!

He learned last year when we all watched Wishes and Illuminations (love, love, love Illuminations) and Fantasmic! :love:

When we got back from our trip I asked him if he now understands why I don't bother sticking around for local fireworks. He just nodded. :thumbsup2

I admit it... I pulled up a YouTube video of the Disney 4th of July fireworks on my phone and played it to the fireworks I could see from my balcony. It ended right as the video's finale started so I watched Disney's finale and it made me tear up lol

I am. We didn't even bother watching them on tv. :sad2: Nothing compares to Disney fireworks.

I just can't seem to get up for them. I'm at the point now where I just skip them. After having seen Disney fireworks countless times, local ones, put on by the community just don't measure up. I know they mean well, but it's just so underwhelming.

Anyone else feel the same way, or am I being a "nighttime spectacular" snob?

Ha, funny because we are in Buffalo...we go to the Amherst one at UB (University of Buffalo), and I was VERY, VERY impressed with last night's show. They set it to music, and I thought it was just the right length. (About 15 minutes.) Try that one next year.

We also compare to Disney, but of course it can't compete. However, I have to pay thousands to go to Disney, but the local firework show is "free" (Yeah, I know we pay taxes and all.) and I'm back in my own bed in 25 minutes.

If I had my Wishes CD in my car last night we were going to play it with our local fireworks. But, we had to listen to Lee Greenwood instead.:)
I'm not complaining though.

We did go to the fireworks display last night in Panama City Beach at Pier Park. It was fine, as far as it goes -- in terms of number of fireworks bursts, Disney doesn't compete. This was a full 20 minutes of a constant stream of fireworks, with a pretty intense finale. However, there was nothing but fireworks -- no music, certainly no story -- no show. It was kind of cool to see the fireworks over the gulf, but they were all fired from the same point. There was some variation in height, but none of the wide view you get at WDW. And while there's always a crunch to get out of the Magic Kingdom at the end of the night, especially if you leave right at the end of Wishes, that's nothing compared to what we experienced. We waited at least an hour before we even ventured toward the parking lot (Pier Park is a large outdoor shopping mall right across the street from the beach, so if you go toward the front center to watch, it's a little like watching from down Main Street), but police were only directing traffic at the lot exits. We waited an hour or more before we even bothered to get in the car, and (at this point it had been more than two hours since the fireworks ended) it still took another half-hour-plus to get out of the parking lot.

There was a nice atmosphere and the kids had fun. A live band did some good stuff after the fireworks. And the fireworks were nice for what they were. But I doubt we'd go back again. Frankly, I don't think the crowds at the Magic Kingdom could be worse, especially if you're in no hurry to leave -- and we never are. Of course, you would have to get there early. I've been at the Studios on July 4th several years ago, when they still did Sorcery in the Sky on that day, and it was overall a better experience.

Scott

DS last night said "I guess only Disney has good fireworks. These are only in circles." He was quite cross with them...

I'm not quite sure what he meant, but he was definite in his opinion.

I like local fireworks and Disney Fireworks. I think they each serve a different purpose and are both enjoyable!

Sitting on a blanket in the park with a picnic basket and friends Celebrating the 4th of July is what makes any fireworks display enjoyable (and free to boot!)

That is very different then Wishes in the Magic Kingdom!

Two weeks ago I went to Del Friscos, a very high end steak restaurant and had a FANTASTIC $100 meal. They consistently make the BEST steak I have ever eaten and I am willing to splurge occasionally on a dinner there.

Last night we cooked Costco steaks on the grill. They were good too! Del Friscos good? No! $7 worth of good? Absolutely!

Guess I find either experience valuable and worth the time and price!

Me! I don't even bother going to other amusement parks either... Every non Disney vacation I always complain how much more we get for our $$$ in Disney!

Nothing like Disney fireworks! I don't bother with local ones. I don't bother with local theme parks either.

Talked to a coworker today about fireworks. She said people started showing up at the fireworks venue at 2:00pm for a 9:00pmish show. They put down blankets or tarps to save their spot and then left.

Quite a few cities canceled the fireworks last night because of rain. The blankets and tarps had to be picked up and thrown away.

I guess these people go to WDW pools. :rotfl:

Later,
Dan

We are completely ruined by Disney Fireworks :lmao:

In the UK we have Guy Fawkes/Bonfire night and some of the cities put on a pretty spectacular display. We loved going (before we ever went to Disney). Now, to stand and watch fireworks not synchronised with music and narration is always missing something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter