Who else is scared EVERY TIME by Dinosaur?!!!

I close my eyes so often, I still don't think that I have seen everything on the ride.

Same here! I close my eyes through most of it. Not only do I get scared when the Dinosaur jumps out, but the whole jostling of the ride makes me uncormfortable like anything can happen. I am with you, I don't think I have seen everything in that ride. I have ridden it about 4 or 5 times though.

The first two times I rode this ride I ducked at that very last Dinosaur, but when I went this past Christmas I was very proud of myself for staring that bad boy down. I'll probably end up ducking next though.

Agreed...but I am drawn to it. I always go on it...even though it hurts my neck from all the jerking around!

I truly thought my heart would explode the first time I rode! But, it has turned out to be my favorite ride of all. We rode it 4 times last year and have a great picture making goofy faces on the last go round.

Oh my gosh, alright -- so I've only been on it twice, but it freaks me out each time!! o_O

This last trip, I took my mom on it. I was a little worried, because I didn't know how she was going to handle the bumpy-ness. Anyway, we get on the ride and I'm like "It's alright! Just be ready for the bumps and a rough ride." She just nodded. I was screaming my head off, along with the lady on the other side of my mom (who's husband was too much of a chicken to get on it xD). We get off the ride, I turn to ask if she's alright. She looks me dead in the eyes, raises and eyebrow and was like "That's it?"

:eek: <--- that was seriously my facial expression.

I have never rode the entire thing with my eyes open. Each time I tell myself "this time I'm going to keep my eyes open the entire time." Nope. That first dino jumps out and I'm done. I hate when things jump out at me.

Yes....I LOVE THIS RIDE!! I am 43 and it still scares me everytime....I get all nervous just being in line for it. I don't remember seeing a warning sign that the ride is 'intensly scary', but there should be one to avoid little ones being terrified. I will not let my four year old ride it....there are 5 of us and we ride in groups of two while the other two keep the 4 year old and ride something friendlier!!

I love ToT, EE, HM and RRC too but they don't scare me!!

I have never rode the entire thing with my eyes open. Each time I tell myself "this time I'm going to keep my eyes open the entire time." Nope. That first dino jumps out and I'm done. I hate when things jump out at me.
Dude, I HATE the last one, where he comes straight at you! I always duck down!!! Freaks the tar out of me!! o_O

Wow, really??

HEHE I'm scared of EVERYTHING, and Dinosaur doesn't scare me. Makes me dizzy, yes, but scares me, no.

That's so funny that it scares so many people! It's amazing how different people react to different things! ToT scares me- the launch on RnRC SCARES! me. Dinosaur does not. We rode it the first time last trip and DH and I got off and were like... uh... what was that?

HA! :lmao:

I rode it once in 2000 (shortly after the renaming to Dinosaur)... and have never ridden it again. I swear it was the scariest ride I've ever been on. About half way through, I just closed my eyes and held on and sang songs in my head until the end. I'll ride anything else. But not Dinosaur. :rotfl:

This ride freaks me out and I am 28. The first time I rode it with my family, my sister and I screamed in terror the entire ride. You should have seen our photo. People in the store were laughing at us. My sister (who was about 20) had her arms wrapped around my mom and I was next to my sister on the end of the row, closest to the dinosaur. My hands were over my ears and my head was buried in my sisters lap :eek: If I can scan that photo in and post it I will. You all will get a great laugh out of it :rotfl2:

I still go on the ride but my eyes are closed the entire time. Glad I am not the only one with this fear. Most people I tell look and me like I am crazy to be scared!!!

I am only scared by the big dino at the very end as you are exiting the ride, the one on the wall that looks like it is going to swallow you whole. I shut my eyes there.

Does anyone else find this ride defeaning in terms of noise? The first time I rode it, everytime a dinosaur started "roaring" at me I had to cup my ears. When they snapped the in-ride photo and we looked at it after the ride, like half the people in our "time car" had their ears covered.

this is more or less my fav ride (ToT is almost a tie, but its just for the actual dropping, Dinosaur is the best ride for the whole ride) and I have ridden it more than 30 times I bet (for a while in college, my friends and I went to AK 1-2 times a week) and EVERY TIME I am scared to death of the Dinosaur in the end that you go under.....the picture dino is fine, but the very end is TERRIFYING!!! My friends and I used to be scared of the one on the left that ran with you (we used to fight over the right side of the car), but I am a little more ok with that one nowadays.....but I do love to ride in the back row....its a lot more "evasive" haha "Evasive maneuvers! Evasive maneuvers! Right! Left! Right!" HAHAHAH

52- and yes it scares me. I have yet been able to keep my eyes open when we actually near a dinosaur. Haven't actually seen any of them yet. :rotfl2:

LOL...funny thread! I love DINOSAUR and was guilty of closing my eyes and ducking many times in the past. But ever since I figured out exactly where they take your picture (the big scary dinosaur that comes at you on the right just before the end), I plan funny faces to make for the photo, like exaggerated fear, and look forward to that part now. But yes, it's still scary!

Hi! I'm 30 years old and Dinosaur scares the heck out of me

The last time I rode it I was 28 and the entire time I was screaming and grabbing my friends arm (and there was an empty seat in between us).

It is a tad bit creepy, but I think mostly because of it being dark and the smells. Last year when we went on it though I was smiling/laughing while the picture was taken, while my gf was holding on for dear life.

The ride broke down right after that part while your waiting to exit with the HUGE dino Head.... right when the narrator says "We're not gonna make it"

We werent sure if it was part of the ride or not, didn't remember it being like that the previous year :confused3 So this was pretty creepy.

And yes the Big Dino at the end was the worst... I didn't remember it being there the first time I rode... odd that I'd forget something like that

I have been on it many times and am not scared every time, but was the last time I rode it. There is a picture of my ducking and screaming. lol :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter