Who else doesn't get much sleep the night before traveling to Disney

We go about half a dozen times a year so you'd think I'd be over the pre trip insomnia but nope...and it's been like this for disney trips, first days of school or a new job. You name it. I stay up all night thinking about why I should be sleeping, drive the 2 hrs 20 minutes to our resort to get checked in by 730 am which puts us to rope drop by 9am and we go go go until the end of emh (of course lol).

Me! Tried to sleep last night starting at 10pm. Finally feel asleep around 11:30 but kept waking up. Woke up right before the alarm went off at 3. Been unable to sleep on the 2 hour ride to the airport too. Hopefully I will nap on the plane :) Ready to hit the ground running.

We're the same way - the adults are usually worse than the kids too... can hardly wait!!! and we have like 553 days to go lol

Yes here too, most of the time I will take something to sleep as we have a long drive and can't risk feeling bad on the day we,travel.

We usually have an early flight and head out really early. We're usually up until about 1:00 or 2:00 AM the night before our departure. This year we have to head out at 4:30 AM but at least I have someone giving us a ride to the airport this time instead of driving myself (airport is an hour and a half away). Needless to say, we will be dead tired and will get a little sleep on the plane if we can. Once we land, we get a spike of energy just from excitement. We'll check into Pop Century, eat at the food court and then head to MK where we will stay until we are ready to collapse. MK, with evening EMH, will be open until 2:00 AM on the Saturday that we arrive. We'll stay out as long as we can which will be anywhere from 10:00 PM to 2:00 AM, take a bus back to Pop and then crash like a ton of bricks.

That first night of sleep at the resort is the best!

ME! We drove last year and I was up the WHOLE time with the DH - I was SO excited (it was also our first trip)
This year we are flying (in 79 days!!) and we have to be at the airport by 5:30, which means that I will be up at like 4am making sure we have everything and getting the DH to get up, and we both get showers in, etc...

Me! Im the one doing last minute packing....for 5. Make sure all the carryons are packed, the house is cleaned, all the dishes are done etc...

We usually get the first flight out, which has us leaving the house at 3:45 for the 4:15 shuttle to the airport. I get the kids up at 3:15. Flight arrives at MCO around 9:30am. I try to get everyone to sleep on the plane (3 hr flight). Never happens. We have breakfast at the airport, then grab our luggage/rental car. We are at WDW by noon. Kids swim, we go to the 5:30 Spirit of Aloha, then off to bed by 8! The next day off to the parks!!!!!

Me! Even though I will have all of the bags packed 2-3 days ahead of time, confirmations and folders in carry-on bag I am like a little kid before a trip to WDW. This trip the 3 DGDs (it's a total surprise) and their parents are meeting us in ATL airport to fly into ORL. DH and I can hardly wait to see how long it takes before DGDs figure it out! I am not sure just how long I can keep it a secret myself as this is a fulfillment of a birthday wish of mine to see WDW decorated for Christmas and celebrate with all of the family!

The first time we took the kids (2012) it had been 12 years since my previous visit. We had to leave the house by 4 to get to the airport plus I had to pick up my MIL before that so I knew I had to be up by 3. Went to bed at 10 and was up at 1 and watching TV and counting down the minutes. We got to POR around noon and just hung out at the resort and DTD for the day. That night we were all in bed by 9 or so. The next morning I was up at 5! My son was up to so we just wandered around POR and watched the sun rise. It was so amazing. It was also weird for me because if given the chance I'll sleep for 10 hours in a night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter