Who did you book your cruise through?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by bethie, Sep 4, 2007.

1. bethie

bethie DIS Veteran

What agent did you use or did you book directly through DCL? I have been looking around for a possible Nov/Wonder 3 day cruise. I am just, like everyone, trying to get the best possible deal. Thanks so much!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. shruley

shruley Mouseketeer

I looked at a few different places, including Vacations To Go. I ended up at The Magic For Less, they seemed to give me the lowest price plus a $100 onboard credit. I've been very happy with the service, my poor TA calls and requests whatever new thing I decid I want. She's switched my rooms for me and the latest thing was requesting a table alone for dinner. It's nice not having to call and do all that stuff. I think I got such a good deal as this was a cruise they had "prebooked" rooms for and then were selling, so they probably got a discount and then passed it on... Their website is http://www.themagicforless.com/ They specialize in Disney, unlike Vacations To Go, which specializes in cruises. HTH

4. CraftyMouse

CraftyMouse <font color=brown>I am ever so grateful for the te

I booked directly through DCL and always have...no agent for me!

5. Andrew DEREK UK

Andrew DEREK UK DIS Veteran

I use DREAMS UNLIMITED, service is very good.

6. professorandmom

professorandmom My favorite girls!

I book through DIsney then shop around for the best onboard credit (since that is all TAs are supposed to do)...once AAA then Dreams Unlimited
    depends on lots of factors...for example Costco gives a store giftcard....that might be nice if you have a membership to Costco (or want to)
    Barb

7. ndepaola

ndepaola Mouseketeer

I am working with Michelle at MEI. I compared prices on DCL website, DU, and a couple of others and all of the TAs had exactly the same prices for the cruise I wanted. (They must all buy blocks ahead and then that is all they can discount them?) MEI gave me the $50 onboard credit that the others couldn't/wouldn't from the Disney Visa promo. (You can't get the DV credit if you buy a discount block room from a TA, I guess.)

Michelle has been very helpful and responds very promptly.

8. sja03a

sja03a <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

disney for the 1st cruise on 12/9/2007 and travelocity for 12/13/07. Travelocity was cheaper and gave the best on board credit ($100 for a 3 nighter).

9. dahuffy

dahuffy Always Be Nice To The Lunch Lady

This is the 2nd cruise that we've booked with Debbie Lasher at DU. We now have a $600 OBC with them. :banana:

10. HLAuburn

HLAuburn DIS Veteran

If you pretty much know what you want (date/cabin category), try cruisecompete.com. It's completely free and no obligation. You just enter your cruise date, ship, and category you want, and different TAs "compete" for your business by giving you prices on your cruise. It's all done online, and you just sign on to check and see the responses. Then when you're ready to book, you call the TA you pick! We ended up using cruisecompete.com and then booking through cruisevacationoutlet.com. Good service and the best prices I found.

11. ndepaola

ndepaola Mouseketeer

How did you get that much OBC??

I got quotes from a least 3 TAs (uncluding DU) and only one even offered an OBC and it was only $50.

Does it help to be a repeat cruiser? Or does it just depend on the cruise?

12. dahuffy

dahuffy Always Be Nice To The Lunch Lady

This is for next years Eastbound Repo cruise,15 days in a Cat.6 It was originally a $300 OBC but when Disney raised the Panama Canal fees on us by $100 per person,Dreams doubled our OBC.

13. NJFabFour

NJFabFour <font color=CC0066><b>WL Vet</b>

We booked a 4 night cruise on the Wonder for 8/08 with Small World Vacations (recommended by Mousesavers.com). We contacted them right after the price increase went into effect 8/5/07 and were still able to get the original price for the 8/17/08 sailing (though it was not available for 8/10). We saved $600 and get a $75 cash-back offer! :banana:

14. DVC Mike

DVC Mike DVC & Photography for me! BLT/VGF/BWV DIS Lifetime Sponsor

We researched and planned our cruise using the PassPorter guide to DCL, and then booked ourselves directly on the DCL web site. We didn't use a TA.

15. Kim&Chris

Kim&Chris dreaming of relaxing & soaking up the warm sun at

We booked directly through DCL for our last two, and our upcoming two cruises. Maybe we spent a bit more $, but I just felt more comfortable dealing directly with Disney.

16. m4travel

m4travel <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ DIS Lifetime Sponsor

We rebooked while on our last cruise (no discount for suites), then transferred to Costco for their gift card.

17. Pansy

Pansy DIS Veteran

My first cruise I won :yay: through a Disney sweep, so it was booked through Disney.

2nd I booked directly through Disney and the 3rd I went through DU.

18. BellePrincessBelle

BellePrincessBelle <font color=green>Nothing says Thanksgiving like s

We booked through DCL direct. None of the TA's could come close to the price and the OBC's we're represented in thier prices so I wasn't getting anything for free. The quotes I got from Dreams Unlimited was $50 more than my quote from Disney and they were offering a $50 OBC so hum? I think I'll book on my own.

19. bethie

bethie DIS Veteran

Thank you all so much. I am taking in every bit of info. Thank you, thank you!

20. Heather98012

Heather98012 Mouseketeer

I know DU sponsors these boards, but I am getting SUPER frustrated! I had a price quote for a Mexican cruise, then decided on a Western Caribbean. I emailed them LAST WEEK (the same agent who gave me the first quote) & have yet to hear back. I know there was a long weekend, but it's almost the close of business here on the West Coast & I still haven't heard back. Assuming the price is what is advertised on their site, I'm ready to give a deposit....& yet, I can't get a response. I even emailed them again yesterday!

Anyone else have problems with them? I cannot for the life of me find a contact phone #. I may just have to go somewhere else. I'll try magicforless.com & cruisecompete.com. It's frustrating though, 'cause the prices on DU's site were the best, but who knows at this point. :rolleyes:

21. kerri0616

kerri0616 DIS Veteran

Hi Heather:

We're first time Disney cruisers, and I kept reading raving messages about Dreams Unlimited, so I booked through them. When I requested a quote, there was someone's name attached. I sent in the deposit, and that was the end of all communication. The never emailed to tell me that I had a Disney confirmation number. They only sent me bulk email to tell me that my balance was due. No personal service feeling at all. Once they got my money, they never offered to help with anything else. I thought I would get an additional on board credit since I booked 100% with my Disney Visa. Of course, they don't send me any info...I just fired off an email to them asking for the info.

What kind of service is everyone else receiving that I'm not? Is it because we only booked cat 10's?

Kerri