Whitehall room for reception?

PatricksBride2be

planning our fairytale wedding
Hey! Has anybody booked this room for their reception? I've googled pictures of it but it looks a little boring. :confused3 Im debating about changing the location of the reception. Im having a small wedding of 50-60 so my planner said this room was perfect. Thoughts?

Thanks! :goodvibes
Jen

Disney Bride to be: November 19, 2009

i have seen this room made up to be sp pretty!! Check out orangetiggs PJ, she dressed up her tables and it looked amazing.. she had a smaller party too, and had a long table.

I am now thinking of this place for my reception because of the way orangetiggs made her 1 big table look so damn pretty. it looked perfect. Check some threads that show Whitehall room decorations.

Im sure people will post some pics on here, but i dont think it looks boring

I have it booked for our VR. We just had our site visit a few weeks ago. Check out my PJ for pictures:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2022716&page=3

You can read in my PJ how DH had an issue with the decor in the room. We have decided to use the patio for our reception and use the room for the cocktail hour. Our ceremony is at 5pm in Nov. so by the time we have the reception it will be dark. You can see Wishes from there and we are going to have the music piped in. Personally I really liked the room. It is at the end of a hallway in the convention center and very private. Also because you get the room and patio, you get 2 for the price of one!LOL I didn't like the carpet but I can get past that. The birds on the wall we will have covered because it did bother us both. I think the room can be made to look beautiful. We sat down with our sales manager and went through tons of pictures of receptions in that room and we saw all different kids of decor and it all looked great. I like that the room is not your average looking ballroom with those walls that can move. It is an octagon shape and just looks pretty. Let me know if you have any other questions about it.

yep I had my reception there and loved it

62008.jpg

62035.jpg

It is a lovely room! We had our reception there, we had about 35 guests a piano and a dance area and there was still a good amount of room (our tables where round) It was great having the use of the patio for my guests to have the pre reception drinks and also for them to go out and have a breath of fresh air if your reception is a long one.

Sorry im not very computer savvy so cant show you any pics.

yep I had my reception there and loved it

62008.jpg

62035.jpg

I never noticed before, did you have your bm wands on the table? Looks really pretty!
How many candles did you have on your table, I am having 3 rounds rather than a roman one, but I was told we were only allowed 3 candles per table?

We used whitehall for our reception as well.
And I agree, the decor is a little :confused3
But I loved the patio, so we decided to use the room for dinner and did all the dancing outside on the patio. It turned out really nice, and I am glad we did this!

We didn't spend a lot of money on decor. We covered the chairs and brought all the centerpieces from home. Outside we had tea lights in a little glass mickey and a few glow vases around the patio.

Here is what the inside looked like, using green ribbon matched the room, though it wasn't intentional. And I still hate that stupid bird, but oh well!!!

reception-WhitehallRoom.jpg

reception-tablesetting.jpg

And we moved outside onto the patio for all the dancing:

reception-firstdancewithMickeyandMi.jpg

I really like Whitehall, and if I had the chance to do it all over, I would still you Whitehall!
It's a good choice!

I'm thinking I want to use the Whitehall room, it's just a good size for the amount of people I'll probably have, and I've seen some photos that make it look really nice!

I don't like that bird either... :rotfl:

everyones pictures are so beautiful!!! im deffinatly going to keep the whitehall room! everyone made it look so pretty! That mirror is horrible though haha. oh wells. :-)

You can pay to have the mirror covered if you would like.
I'm not sure how much it because we didn't do it.
But it is always an option for you!

Do you have to pay extra to have the small dance floor shown in some of these pictures or does it come with the room? If so, how much was it? Just wondering because if it is extra I think dancing on the patio would be better anyways! Thanks

Yes, you do have to pay extra for the dance floor. I'm not sure how much but I guess it also depends on the size/style. I know you can customize it.

We covered the mirror and birds. We didn't use Disney floral, so I am not sure how much they charge to do it.

You can only dance outside during certain months so keep that in mind. We were told it would be too hot in October (and I agree) but when we were booked for January we were going to dance outside.

We don't have our professional photos back yet but here are some so you can get an idea.

Kids table on the patio
topiary.jpg

Place settings
ASC_7189.jpg

Name cards
ASC_7167.jpg

Tables
ASC_7205.jpg

ASC_7385-1.jpg

ASC_7432.jpg

ASC_7435.jpg

Cards
ASC_7439.jpg

caketable2.jpg

ASC_7684.jpg

ASC_7576.jpg

wedding9.jpg

wedding7.jpg

wed2.jpg

You can see a lot more in my trip report here
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1993269

skylarr29: your photos are gorgeous!!! :) I love your place settings!

Does anyone know if mood lighting is available for the whitehall room? If so does anyone know the cost?

Thanks! :-)

-Jennifer

skylarr29: your photos are gorgeous!!! :) I love your place settings!

Does anyone know if mood lighting is available for the whitehall room? If so does anyone know the cost?

Thanks! :-)

-Jennifer

Thanks!

Are you planning on a day time or night reception? I really wanted pin spotting for my centerpieces but my florist told me it was a big waste of money because the room is too bright with the patio doors for it to have the impact that it was supposed to. We had some lighting effects where we covered the bird from hell photo but as we didn't use Disney florist, I have no idea what the costs would be. HTH

We were going to use the Whitehall Room, and I actually really like it, but we ended up pushing 60 guests, and our WP said that would be too crowded with a dance floor. So, we moved it to Narcoossee's (which I loved, but you can't do with an evening reception) and we used the Whitehall for the bridal tea. I had about 25 at the tea, and I think 50 would have been TOO crowded...so watch your estimates and get an honest assessment from your planner.

Sklarr- We got married in August and still used the patio. Did they tell you couldn't? Or they just didn't recommend it?
It doesn't get much hotter than August, but we really weren't hot with all those fans blowing. The DP was bad, but not the patio. But then again, our reception started at night, and I think yours was in the morning? Makes a big difference!!

Heidi- We had 43 total and it didn't feel crowded. But all the doors were open, and people were inside and out, so it made the room much bigger!

Carly-I agree...43 would be great. I got worried, because the list was creeping up past 50. It's a good thing we decided to change early, because we ended up with 68 (including kids!), so we DEFINITELY wouldn't have fit. We set tables for 40 for the tea party (and ended up with 26) and it wasn't crowded at all.

Sklarr- We got married in August and still used the patio. Did they tell you couldn't? Or they just didn't recommend it?
It doesn't get much hotter than August, but we really weren't hot with all those fans blowing. The DP was bad, but not the patio. But then again, our reception started at night, and I think yours was in the morning? Makes a big difference!!

They told me that I couldn't, I didn't really push it though. I agree, doesn't get much hotter. It worked out well in the end because we ended up with less guests (only about 30 but we invited about 50)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter