Whispering Canyon Cafe for lunch from MK ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
After spending a morning at MK - what if we took a boat to the WL and ate lunch at the Whispering Canyon Cafe ?

:confused3Should we get an ADR for lunch ?

The boat ride to WL from MK, I will estimate 30 minutes for travel time.

DH does not like Cindy's ($200 for our family) or CP ($120 for our family) for lunch.
:goodvibesWe will do the LTT and The Plaza on other days for lunch - both about $70 for our family.:goodvibes

We spend 10 days in the Parks - at least 3 at MK.;)
Time frame = Late June into early July
We are 4 adults, DH, DW, DS (teen) and DD (teen)

:confused3Is the Canyon Skillet - All You Care To Enjoy $18.99 per person
Smoked Pork Ribs, Oven-roasted Chicken, and Pork Sausage served with Cowboy Beans, Corn on the Cob, Creamy Coleslaw, Mashed Potatoes, and Fresh-baked Cornbread - Worth $80 for lunch ? :confused3

Could we ask for no Pork Sausage ? We do not eat it and we do not want to waste food.

After spending a morning at MK - what if we took a boat to the WL and ate lunch at the Whispering Canyon Cafe ? >>>Great idea!!

:confused3Should we get an ADR for lunch ?>>>YES! Definitely make an ADR! Its highly recommended for this place.

The boat ride to WL from MK, I will estimate 30 minutes for travel time.>>>The actual boat ride (not including waiting time) is about 15 min.

DH does not like Cindy's ($200 for our family) or CP ($120 for our family) for lunch.
:goodvibesWe will do the LTT and The Plaza on other days for lunch - both about $70 for our family.:goodvibes

We spend 10 days in the Parks - at least 3 at MK.;)
Time frame = Late June into early July
We are 4 adults, DH, DW, DS (teen) and DD (teen)

Could we ask for no Pork Sausage ? We do not eat it and we do not want to waste food.>>> Yes you can ask them to hold the sausage and instead give you more of the other 2 meats.

:goodvibes

Since you are already planning a couple of TS lunches at MK, then I think this is a great idea. Especially given the time of year (hot, hot, hot) it might be a wonderful way to get out of the midday sun and give you a nice long break instead of going back to your resort. Or would you still go back to your resort for an afternoon swim/nap?

As for the skillet: my DH enjoyed his. I thought it was too much food, but there are plenty of other choices on the menu.

Since you are already planning a couple of TS lunches at MK, then I think this is a great idea. Especially given the time of year (hot, hot, hot) it might be a wonderful way to get out of the midday sun and give you a nice long break instead of going back to your resort. Or would you still go back to your resort for an afternoon swim/nap?

As for the skillet: my DH enjoyed his. I thought it was too much food, but there are plenty of other choices on the menu.

Infinite is quite a lot, yes. :rotfl2:

To answer the question though, Whispering Canyon lunch ended up being one of our favorite meals during the week we were there. Along with Teppan Edo dinner and 'Ohana Breakfast.

The food was awesome, IMO.

Thank you so much !
We pay OOP for our meals.

We loved:goodvibes when we stayed at WL (but did not like the pool:rotfl:).

It was a few years back when we stayed at WL (2006) - but I think we will still know our way from the boat dock to the lobby of the WL to get to the Whispering Canyon Cafe. I love the WL gift shop too. After we eat lunch, we can boat back to MK or take a bus to another park.

Thank you so much for the advice.
I love reading all the threads on this board. :goodvibes:surfweb::goodvibes

wcc is a great lunch :) the burger was amazing there!! i also had a small obsession with the nacho appetizer!! good choice!!

Ooooh. I LOVE Whispering Canyon. The skillet is WONDERFUL!!! So much good stuff there! Tender meats and... cornbread... I'd pay just for the corn bread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter