Whining All the Way to the Finish Line..WINE&DINE 1/2 .UPDATE.1/3/10!

I figure if you can run/walk at that time of night/morning, I ought to be able to stay awake to greet you. And then to celebrate! :thumbsup2

Well, to be honest with you....I am so hoping to turn into a pumpkin at midnight...and just roll all the way to the finish line......

Oh, that is what keeps me going Elin....crossing that finish line...having my friends greet me, and know that I DID IT!!!
Hoping I will be able to celebrate ...and not just with an oxygen mask! :laughing:

I think once you cross that finish line - you will have plenty of adrenaline flowing for some partying afterwards! And you can get some portable O2! :)

I think once you cross that finish line - you will have plenty of adrenaline flowing for some partying afterwards! And you can get some portable O2! :)

Really...portable O2...just at the finish line?!:laughing:

Really...portable O2...just at the finish line?!:laughing:

Well...I supposed you could rent a portable O2 tank to run with...but I am thinking the extra edge gained by having more oxygenated blood would be taken away by having to drag the tank around. :rotfl: So you may just have to settle for the O2 at the finish line! Darn. :laughing:

But what are her friends going to do to stay awake and ready to party?!!! We won't have that adrenaline thing going for us, will we Elin?!! :rotfl:

But what are her friends going to do to stay awake and ready to party?!!! We won't have that adrenaline thing going for us, will we Elin?!! :rotfl:

You know, maybe it ought to be a group thing for you guys! You all run the 1/2 marathon together and wear some sassy matching shirts. Then you'll have plenty of adrenaline for the party. It could be fun....

I am thinking we will all need MAJOR naps that day!

And, dolce... we are Diana's support team, not her team members. ;) :rotfl2: Although I might be persuaded to do the relay the next year.

What about Rosa ? That could be your adrenaline! lol Too bad the race didnt end in Italy...I am just going to visualize that BIG bottle of Rosa Regale at the finish line...of course to be consumed at another time....lol
Ok...maybe aerobeds in Canada while you wait?!!!:rotfl:
Well...I supposed you could rent a portable O2 tank to run with...but I am thinking the extra edge gained by having more oxygenated blood would be taken away by having to drag the tank around. :rotfl: So you may just have to settle for the O2 at the finish line! Darn. :laughing:
:laughing: Just picturing the tank.....I'll pass!
You know, maybe it ought to be a group thing for you guys! You all run the 1/2 marathon together and wear some sassy matching shirts. Then you'll have plenty of adrenaline for the party. It could be fun....
I love sassy matching shirts!!!!!:3dglasses:yay:
I am very happy and pleased they will be there to support me:)

I am thinking we will all need MAJOR naps that day!

And, dolce... we are Diana's support team, not her team members. ;) :rotfl2: Although I might be persuaded to do the relay the next year.

oh really...persuaded....twist of the old arm?!:laughing:

Imagine all the pressure I will have!!! My friends staying up late...tired....having to sip/taste at the special after party(that there is a fee to enter....:rolleyes1:laughing:) and waiting for ME to finish!!!!!!

So...I realized last night I wouldnt be able to get to the gym today, poor Ava caught my bug and has had a low grade fever, so that means no pre school or kid care at the gym...so DH suggested i go last night. I am tired, long day...but I went!!!! Got there at 8....thought I would just do a couple of miles on the TM and get back home....by mile 3.1 I was feeling great...by 4...I thought , hey I dont feel tired...I went FIVE miles in one hour & 15 minutes!!:yay::yay::yay:

It must have been my new cool max NB socks I got on sale at sierratradingpost.com....:laughing:

Hi! I just came across your PTR. I will be running the half too! I can't wait!! Good luck with your training and good luck at the race :) You're doing well! Be proud.

Congrats on your 5 miles!!! :thumbsup2

:cool1::cool1: It feels to be even more of an accomplishment because you didn't want to do anything last night but instead of being lazy about it, you went out and accomplished more than you expected! Go you!! :cool1:

Hi! I just came across your PTR. I will be running the half too! I can't wait!! Good luck with your training and good luck at the race :) You're doing well! Be proud.
Hey Lynn!!!!
Are you doing the WINE & DINE 1/2???
I peeked at your newest PTR :) wow, you are a runner...!!! I am a novice fast walker/author of PTR's...lol!!!
Seems just like yesterday you were planning your wedding! And now look at you:goodvibes I am usually in WDW for F&W..thought this run would be a great motivator for me and give me plenty of time to prepare!!!
WOW! I am so impressed! :worship:

Are you walking that fast? Or also jogging?
I am in no way near :worship:status:rotfl:
just am fortunate enough to be almost 5'8" and can walk fast....still too leery abt jogging on the TM..lol havent attempted it yet!!!

Congrats on your 5 miles!!! :thumbsup2

:cool1::cool1: It feels to be even more of an accomplishment because you didn't want to do anything last night but instead of being lazy about it, you went out and accomplished more than you expected! Go you!! :cool1:

thanks so much for the words:) It was an awesome feeling to do 5! And that I kept my pace...:cool1:

I was so excited when I got home...and DH was falling alseep reading to DD3.5...so of course I was expecting a big reaction..even if he was half asleep..and didnt get one...lol...he has had a rough week at work....which I understood...and I thought, thats ok, cant wait to post on my PTR:)

So keeping this up really helps me to be accountable and keep me motivated!!:woohoo:

Hey! I'm running the Half during marathon weekend in January. I wish I could do the F&W!!!! Heck, I wish I could do all Disney races. If I lived down in Orlando I would be.

You're going to do great! I'm very excited for you!

Hi! Joining in on your trip report. I'm planning on running the F&W 1/2 with a friend of mine in honor of my 40th birthday later that month. :eek: I just started running this year with the C25K program. I love it, but since it's got cold and it's dark now when I wake up in the morning I've been really bad about getting out and running. I need to get over my treadmill fear so I can train through the winter.

I'm sad that I missed the last Tower of Terror race. :sad2: What a fun concept. I was flying home from Boston that day and thought … maybe a "lay-over" in Orlando would be good.... :rolleyes: but I needed to run several more miles that day than a 13k for my marathon training. If I lived around Orlando, I’d sign-up for everything.

Hey! I'm running the Half during marathon weekend in January. I wish I could do the F&W!!!! Heck, I wish I could do all Disney races. If I lived down in Orlando I would be.

You're going to do great! I'm very excited for you!
Thanks Lynn:) I will have to jump onto your PTR..if there is room for another reader...lol and see how you are doing!!!

Hi! Joining in on your trip report. I'm planning on running the F&W 1/2 with a friend of mine in honor of my 40th birthday later that month. :eek: I just started running this year with the C25K program. I love it, but since it's got cold and it's dark now when I wake up in the morning I've been really bad about getting out and running. I need to get over my treadmill fear so I can train through the winter.
I have to go back and check out that program!!! Congrats and thanks for joining in:) What a great way to celebrate your bday!! I will be 44(gasp) on Oct 13....4 has been my lucky # since the 4th grade....:laughing: so this is something I need to prove to myself I can accomplish!!!

I'm sad that I missed the last Tower of Terror race. :sad2: What a fun concept. I was flying home from Boston that day and thought … maybe a "lay-over" in Orlando would be good.... :rolleyes: but I needed to run several more miles that day than a 13k for my marathon training. If I lived around Orlando, I’d sign-up for everything.

You now, I wish I would have paid attention more to these races...there was a Race for the Taste one this year too! Although, wasnt in the I want to be in a healthy state of mind mode either...it took something with WINE and Dine in the title to catch my attention!!!:laughing:

Hello!!
I saw the ad for that wine and dine 1/2 marathon thing, too.... I really wanted to do it! Like you, I am realllly not a runner- the most I've run at the gym is 2 miles :rolleyes: However, I read that for this particular 1/2 marathon you have an option to split up the 13 miles with a relay partner- so I tried to convince my husband "you can run the 1st half and I'll run the 2nd half!" (He's ran the FULL Disney marathon, for crying out loud!) His reaction- "You actually think you can run 6.5 miles? :rotfl:"
:headache:
Oh well.. there's still time to try and convince him I guess! LOL

Hi Katie!!!

We have 10 mths..of course you can do it!!!! I am planning on doing my fast walk as of now....I am currently doing it in the correct time ....besides, the other day at the gym...the girl next to me was jogging while I was walking...and I looked over to her TM, very inconspicuously to see her speed...same as mine....
Just think of the incredible head start you would have with your DH!!
You can do it...I just walked 5 miles in 1 hr 15 minutes...and I am a beginner!!

Hi Katie!!!

We have 10 mths..of course you can do it!!!! I am planning on doing my fast walk as of now....I am currently doing it in the correct time ....besides, the other day at the gym...the girl next to me was jogging while I was walking...and I looked over to her TM, very inconspicuously to see her speed...same as mine....
Just think of the incredible head start you would have with your DH!!
You can do it...I just walked 5 miles in 1 hr 15 minutes...and I am a beginner!!

WOW! What speed are you walking on the treadmill?????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter