Which would you pick, the Poly or the GF if cost was the same?

Well, I might choose the GF, but DS11 and DD7 pick the Poly, hands down. I don't know their family of course, but I can tell you that the GF is not anywhere on my kids' list of WDW hotels that they would pick to stay at. Not saying they wouldn't enjoy it, but if they want to do it right "for the kids" I would pick the Poly, AKL, or Beach Club before I would go with the GF.:)

Our favorite resort for past 23 years has been the Polynesian. It is leaps and bounds superior to the GF when it comes to family. Take a look at the pool area and you will see why. We stayed at the GF once, just to try it out, and we returned to the Polynesian the following year. One year we got bumped up to Club Level, and what a treat that was.

The Grand is much nicer, IMHO. If you do a search on the DIS, you will come up with lots of threads about the cleanliness issues at Poly and need for a serious refurb. I've only seen one thread even remotely like that about the Grand Floridian, and it was just in regard to a hallway carpet. It seems like a LOT of the rooms at Poly are moldy/in need of refurbishing.

A great time is sure to be had at either the GF or the Poly. It is a nice choice.:lovestruc
Personally, I feel more comfortable at the Poly. It is more laid back. The GF is pretty and is nice for a visit but I have less of a happy "pixie dust" feeling there. It seems a bit too pristine for the best family experience. Just my humble opinion.

The Poly would be our choice even if it were more expensive than GF. We love the relaxed, romantic, south seas feel of the Poly. GF just feels too fussy to us.

We stayed at the Poly a few years ago and didn't really care for it. My biggest complaint was not with the resort itself (I loved it!) but the other guests we encountered during our stay were a little too fake for my taste. Maybe it was just the week I was there, but it defenitely felt like the snob convention was in town. The GF feels much more relaxing to me, but that's just my opinion.

We've stayed at both and the Polynesian is our favorite, hands down. The kids love the pool and the tropical decor. We always do the luau, but you don't have to stay there to participate. It is just more convenient.

We have stayed at both and prefer the Poly over the GF. The theming at the Poly is better and the atmosphere is much more relaxed.

I've stayed at GF twice and Poly once, I would choose GF. We were not crazy about the Poly, it seemed dark.

For us it's Polynesian any day of the week. We're more laid back "barefoot mentality" than "high heel mentality," especially on vacation. I like the gorgeous tropical theme of the Poly a million times more than the all-white, Victorian theme, which honestly does nothing for me.

That said, others have different preferences, so which theme appeals more to the family?

The other thing that keeps driving us back to the Poly is that we can walk to the Epcot monorail. Very convenient!

I've stayed at both! We really liked both BUT I would lean towards the GF. It has a nicer feel to it, more "magical" I guess you could say. I personally think the dining is better at the GF, has lots of cute shops, 2 nice pools! They're usually never over-crowded, a little bit better than the polynesian one! :) Either way, you'll have a blast but if they are the same cost, I'd go with the Grand! ~ and also you could always take a quick monorail ride over to the Polynesian to check it out! It's something we always do because you get a little taste of it! It's tropical and loud! hehhe but most importantly, HAVE FUN! :yay:

I would choose the Contemporary with a MK view, however that is not one of your choices.

I would pick the Poly mainly because at the end of a long day, you can order Lapu Lapus from room service and have them right in your room!

Kids also seem to like the Poly more, with the volcano pool.

having stayed at both several times............I would pick the Poly in a heartbeat. The ease of either taking the Monorail to MK or walking to the TTC for epcot simply cannot be beaten.

I would pick the GF because the Poly does not have king size beds.

The difference in price is so small that I don't price making a difference in which resort someone would pick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter