TeamH

Earning My Ears
Which week would be better?
Arrivng Sept 20 Park days would be Sept 21-25 or 26

or

Arriving Sept 27 Park days would be Sept 28- Oct 2 or 3

Travelling with 8 yr old an 4 yr old

Thanks!! :)

I don't know, but I hope the answer is the 27th to the 2nd, cuz that's when I'll be there! Woo!

You can get a sense of some of the events happening in and around DLR for those periods in the 2015 Calendar thread.

My instinctive guess is that the crowds might be slightly better during the earlier week (9/21 to 9/25 or 26). Gay Days starts on 10/2 and it was one of the largest unofficial events in DLR. The official event doesn't start until Friday, but some earlier arrivals are not unexpected (i.e., you'll probably notice an uptick in crowds on Thursday).

I would go with the earlier dates as well. Generally, halloweentime in the parks starts the weekend of the 25th and that brings crowds. During The last week of sept/first week of October, many of the California schools have their fall break which definitely adds to the crowds.

Another vote for earlier. Looked extensively at October for our trip this year Came to the conclusion that the decorations were not worth the crowds.

I would go with the earlier dates as well. Generally, halloweentime in the parks starts the weekend of the 25th and that brings crowds. During The last week of sept/first week of October, many of the California schools have their fall break which definitely adds to the crowds.

I just wanted to clarify, so no one gets confused: Halloween Time (the season) never begins on the weekend of the 25th. It usually begins 2 Fridays after Labor Day -- in other words, not the Friday of Labor Day week, but the following Friday. This year -- and the dates should be released any minute now -- we are not sure if Halloween Time will begin as late as 9/18 (which would be 2 Fridays after Labor Day). But 9/11 seems too early. So, we are guessing it will begin somewhere between 9/11 and 9/18.

Mickey's Halloween Party typically begins on the last Friday in September, whatever date that may be. This year there is a chance it could begin earlier in September than usual, with more parties added in. Otherwise, if it is going to be business as usual with no early start date, it should begin on Friday, 9/25.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter