Which way to Disneyland? TR (comparison update 7/26)

OMG you are going to Disneyland and WDW/Cruise all this year! I am SUPER jealous!!! :) Can't wait to read another TR from you though! You will LOVE flying with Southwest! Just make sure to check in 24 hours before your flight and you will get priority seating. I was really worried about that last time but it worked like a charm for us (7 people). Also they call for families with small children to line up between A and B group so it shouldn't be a problem if you can't check in for your return flight (I think it is 5 years and under).

Love all your past pics! :goodvibes

I'm SO glad you found me here! :welcome: How are you doing? Well you know I needed a new excuse to spend endless hours researching and trip planning so I chose DLR! I didn't realize how little I knew of it before now. With the flights being about half that to fly to Orlando for us, as well as the inexpensive accomodations it would be a huge waste for us not to try it out. Looking forward to seeing San Diego and the beach as well.:banana:

Glad to hear Southwest has been good to you. Right now they seem too good to be true.:goodvibes

Your DDs are SOOO cute!! And I love the fleeces you bought them! I wish that fit me, because I would totally wear it. I love things with hoods like that!

I'm in for your TR! Woo!

Your DDs are SOOO cute!! And I love the fleeces you bought them! I wish that fit me, because I would totally wear it. I love things with hoods like that!

I'm in for your TR! Woo!

Haha, I know they really should make some of those outfits adult size huh?:lmao: I enjoyed reading your TR. I'm still learning! Thanks for joining me.:cheer2:

Well I came to learn the the Princess Fantasy Faire is no more. The princesses are still available for meet and greet but there is no longer dancing and storytime with the princesses.:sad2: I was really looking forward to this. When I thought this was still there I had pretty much decided we would not do the princess character dinner at Ariel's Grotto but now I'm thinking we may need to.:confused3

I'm also a little stressed about school attendance now. Our DLR trip is scheduled for the last week of school. We all know no learning goes on the last week of school. Well when DD8 got her 2nd trimester report card this week it said she was absent 2 days of school second trimester. I have been very diligent to be sure she gets to school because we already missed a week in September. I thought she had no absences 2nd trimester. When I called the school they said she was truent for 2 days which = absent.:scared1: If you are 10 minutes late they call it truent. She was late one day after we had been out late to attend A Christmas Carol in the Denver theater. (educational) I had no idea that would equate to an absence. She was still at school all day. Now I'm wondering if we need to reschedule the dates once again to leave the night before DD's 5th birthday and only miss the last 1 1/2 days of school? :confused3

DD4 went to a birthday party at Build-A-Bear last night. She was allowed to pick out whichever outfit she wanted. Well you know she ofcourse picked a Disney outfit.;) She chose Tinkerbell. It's too cute.

PIC_14241-1.jpg

Cute stories:

We got our Disney order in!:cool1: It came in a big box that said DISNEY. I asked my DD4 who can identify most letters but cannot read, "what does that say?" She looked at it for a couple seconds then responded, "DISNEY"!::yes:: That's right we train um up well in our household.:rotfl2:

DD4 loves to watch videos of Disney cruises on youtube. Well she was watching a clip from the farewell song where all the characters line the stairs. At the very top of the stairs was Captain Hook. When she saw him she gasped and said sadly "Oh Captain Hook:scared1: I can't go there." She then ran all the way up to her room crying. She was so sad. She really wanted to go on the "Disney boat" but would not go if Captain Hook was there. How precious. It took a lot of coaxing but I think I almost have her convinced that Captain Hook is very nice on the Disney boats.:goodvibes

I also thought it was super cute when I asked DH if he wanted us to do the Pixie Hollow meet and greet the day before he arrived. I thought perhaps he'd rather be doing more rides.:confused3 He informed me he was really looking forward to the Tinkerbell Pixie Hollow and wanted to be there with the girls and I. :love: I'm sure he'd never want his buddies to know that but I think that makes him into even more of a man.:goodvibes

Be sure that you tell DD that Capt. Hook likes girls, he was very nice to my girls.:goodvibes

Cute stories:

We got our Disney order in!:cool1: It came in a big box that said DISNEY. I asked my DD4 who can identify most letters but cannot read, "what does that say?" She looked at it for a couple seconds then responded, "DISNEY"!::yes:: That's right we train um up well in our household.:rotfl2:

:rotfl2: Sounds like my household. They just know when it says Disney!!

That stinks about the Princess Faire, I think maybe I would schedule the Princess Dinner, my DD would love that since Ariel is her favorite. Too sweet about your DH wanting to go to Pixie Hollow, I think that makes him more of a man too! :goodvibes

Yeah I have alot of people that are not happy about the PFF, that is sad that they stopped it. :( I bet they will love the Ariel meal though...that is one that I haven't been to yet, but it sounds fun!

That really is stupid about the school days. I know that we have to be very careful with our kids' absences too. We were very happy when a new sememster started in January because we had them miss 4 days for our Disney cruise, but out of 21 days, that didn't seem so bad. Their cut off was 6, so there wasn't much lee way for sickness, etc. I think even if you change the dates you will still have a great time!

Be sure that you tell DD that Capt. Hook likes girls, he was very nice to my girls.:goodvibes

Wow, that is a great trip and I have already used it. What is funny is then she became slightly worried for daddy.:goodvibes

:rotfl2: Sounds like my household. They just know when it says Disney!!

Too funny huh?:lmao:

That stinks about the Princess Faire, I think maybe I would schedule the Princess Dinner, my DD would love that since Ariel is her favorite. Too sweet about your DH wanting to go to Pixie Hollow, I think that makes him more of a man too! :goodvibes

Ariel is my youngest DD's favorite as well.

Oh I'm glad you think that makes DH more of a man too!;)

Yeah I have alot of people that are not happy about the PFF, that is sad that they stopped it. :( I bet they will love the Ariel meal though...that is one that I haven't been to yet, but it sounds fun!

That really is stupid about the school days. I know that we have to be very careful with our kids' absences too. We were very happy when a new sememster started in January because we had them miss 4 days for our Disney cruise, but out of 21 days, that didn't seem so bad. Their cut off was 6, so there wasn't much lee way for sickness, etc. I think even if you change the dates you will still have a great time!

From the pictures I've seen of PFF it looks like it was such a magical time for the children.:sad2:

As far as changing the dates by a few days I haven't done anything yet because Granita is currently enjoying her vacation in Mexico. I'll wait till she gets back to see what she thinks.

Found your thread...I always get home sick when I hear someone is going to Disneyland. I had an annual pass there growing up. Now we are planning our 1st trip to WDW. Crazy! We are going to Colorado the following year...my family lives in Highlands Ranch! Enjoy California! Are you getting this nasty weather? We have freezing rain and 50 mile an hour winds here in Iowa.

Found your thread...I always get home sick when I hear someone is going to Disneyland. I had an annual pass there growing up. Now we are planning our 1st trip to WDW. Crazy! We are going to Colorado the following year...my family lives in Highlands Ranch! Enjoy California! Are you getting this nasty weather? We have freezing rain and 50 mile an hour winds here in Iowa.

Weather as per usual has been strange around here. Last week we literally had a couple days in the 70s it was great! This week has been freezing and windy at times. We did get some snow yesterday. Winds are the worst aren't they?

I just noticed I'm approaching 60 days. That is the time I can call for Priority Seating at DLR restaurants. I know it is not like WDW where all the good times will fill up immediately but all the WDW vets can relate in that it would just seem neglectful for me to not be on the phone the first day possible.:lmao: Problem is I still am so unsure.:confused3 I'd like to hear more about Celebration Roundup before booking that. Haven't decided on Pat-E-Cake vs. Ariel's Grotto or Goofy's Kitchen. We don't plan to go crazy w/ dining like in WDW. I know we want to try Rainforest Cafe the night we arrive in Anaheim. (We never seem to try this in WDW as it is not included in the Disney Dining Plan.) I also really would like to book Plaza Inn around 2:30 so Granita can see Alice in Wonderland play musical chairs w/ the girls. (Alice is Granita's favorite character.)

Oh, there I go. Going crazy w/ dining options when I said I wouldn't.:confused3

I just noticed I'm approaching 60 days. That is the time I can call for Priority Seating at DLR restaurants. I know it is not like WDW where all the good times will fill up immediately but all the WDW vets can relate in that it would just seem neglectful for me to not be on the phone the first day possible.:lmao: Problem is I still am so unsure.:confused3 I'd like to hear more about Celebration Roundup before booking that. Haven't decided on Pat-E-Cake vs. Ariel's Grotto or Goofy's Kitchen. We don't plan to go crazy w/ dining like in WDW. I know we want to try Rainforest Cafe the night we arrive in Anaheim. (We never seem to try this in WDW as it is not included in the Disney Dining Plan.) I also really would like to book Plaza Inn around 2:30 so Granita can see Alice in Wonderland play musical chairs w/ the girls. (Alice is Granita's favorite character.)

Jenny loves Ariel's Grotto and Goofy's Kitchen. Not sure what to compare them to, though since we have never been to WDW. My dad laughs whenever I complain about the winds. Being a CALI girl I should be use to the Santa Ana winds. Let me know what you decide about dining!!!

Hahaha!! This entire posts sounds just like me! I would absolutely be on the phone the very minute they would allow me to make those reservations!! :rotfl2: You can always make the reservations and make changes later - Lord knows we do!! :rotfl2:

Congrats on approaching your 60-day window! We leave in 64 days. Wish you all were going to WDW, then you could join our DISmeet at Epcot! We are having t-shirts printed up and everything!

So I'm trying to catch up since returning from our trip...... I'm confused.... The Princess Fantasy Faire was going our entire trip.....long, long lines all week. Is there rumors that it's gone or is it going to be gone???
Also, let me help you with the Pat E. Cake decision..... DON'T DO IT!!! I'll post more about it on my TR (but that won't be until I get to Day Seven.

The Ariel's Grotto Princess Breakfast was lovely & the food was fabulous, so that's an option vs a lunch or dinner. We're still huge fans of Goofy's Kitchen but definately enjoy the breakfast/lunch brunch best.

Morning, I've been MIA for a bit, sorry about that. WOW 60 days!!:cool1: Yay for ADR's!! :cheer2: I wish I could help you but good luck with your decisions tomorrow! I hope you get everything you want!!!

Cute story about your DD knowing what your Disney box said!! You're training them right!! LOL!!:rotfl:

Your family is beautiful. I'm in....:surfweb:
:welcome: Thanks so much!

Jenny loves Ariel's Grotto and Goofy's Kitchen. Not sure what to compare them to, though since we have never been to WDW. My dad laughs whenever I complain about the winds. Being a CALI girl I should be use to the Santa Ana winds. Let me know what you decide about dining!!!

Well, no decision yet anyway. :confused3

Hahaha!! This entire posts sounds just like me! I would absolutely be on the phone the very minute they would allow me to make those reservations!! :rotfl2: You can always make the reservations and make changes later - Lord knows we do!! :rotfl2:

Congrats on approaching your 60-day window! We leave in 64 days. Wish you all were going to WDW, then you could join our DISmeet at Epcot! We are having t-shirts printed up and everything!

You meet sounds like fun! Can't wait to see pictures of you all in your thongs.:lmao:

Can't wait to find out what restaurants you end up choosing! :thumbsup2

Thanks tmkinney. Have you convinced your sister in law to take you back to WDW yet?:rotfl2:

So I'm trying to catch up since returning from our trip...... I'm confused.... The Princess Fantasy Faire was going our entire trip.....long, long lines all week. Is there rumors that it's gone or is it going to be gone???
Also, let me help you with the Pat E. Cake decision..... DON'T DO IT!!! I'll post more about it on my TR (but that won't be until I get to Day Seven.

The Ariel's Grotto Princess Breakfast was lovely & the food was fabulous, so that's an option vs a lunch or dinner. We're still huge fans of Goofy's Kitchen but definately enjoy the breakfast/lunch brunch best.

Wow, I can't wait to read your report on Pat E Cake. Sounds like it's wasn't a good experience for you. From what I've read about PFF it is still there for character greet but no longer has the interaction of storytelling and dancing w/ the princesses.

I do like the fact the Ariel's Grotto is not a buffet. None of us are real buffet fans.

Morning, I've been MIA for a bit, sorry about that. WOW 60 days!!:cool1: Yay for ADR's!! :cheer2: I wish I could help you but good luck with your decisions tomorrow! I hope you get everything you want!!!

Cute story about your DD knowing what your Disney box said!! You're training them right!! LOL!!:rotfl:

Well, glad you're back but sometimes I think it's healthy to take a break from the disboards for a while. It can be addicting.:goodvibes Looking forward to your new PTR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter