Which Value Resort Do You Prefer?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by ImaFunMom, Feb 24, 2010.

1. ImaFunMom

ImaFunMom Mouseketeer

We are going to WDW in May and had planned on staying at CBR, BUT now we have a another trip coming up in the winter. The only way we can do both, is to stay in a value resort. We are thinking AS-Sports or Pop. Any opinions?

TIA!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. lustergirl

lustergirl DIS Veteran

I may be in the minority but I prefer AS Sports over POP any day. POP is just too busy for me and the foodcourt is absolutely insane. We stayed at POP last october and every other hour the pool was shut down because of an "unexpected cleaning."

4. L2DAVI

L2DAVI Mouseketeer

I liked POP better, no reasons why, just liked the decor better I guess.

5. MYD714

MYD714 Please stand clear of the doors...

I prefer Pop over the All-Stars because of the bus system.

6. sparty7798

sparty7798 Mouseketeer

I am a total Pop fan. We went last March with our 2 year old and loved it. The theming is fun, the pools were great and we liked the food court. I did not find it overwhelmingly busy and we were there in March and it was spring break.

I found it to be quiet (we stayed in the 50's section) and there was hardly anybody in the pool even though it was in the 80's. The buses were great and we never had to wait very long for them.

I think you will like it!

7. KELLY

KELLY DIS Veteran

We stayed at Pop in Ocotober and the pool was only closed once for a short period of time. They were trying to fix a light. The food court was never really that busy but we never ate breakfest there either. My dd 4 loves it and wants to stay there again. But dh isn't a fan of the value resorts. But he did say he perferd pop to the ASMO. We are booked at CBR but DH wants to stay deluxe again.

8. abubu919

abubu919 DIS Veteran

Same here and location!

9. Nermel9

Nermel9 DIS Veteran

The only value I have stayed in was ASMu and I loved it. If I was going to stay value again, I'd probably stay there or at Pop, it seems fun!

10. ipodluvr287

ipodluvr287 DIS Veteran

The only one I have stayed at is All Star Music. I loved it and would stay there again. Actually, we probably are this September. :) The pool there is very nice and big and the food court is nice. The quiet pool is nicely themed too and usually isn't crowded, even in the summer. I also love the theming because I love music. :)

11. veraletta

veraletta DIS Veteran

I like All Star Music and then POP.
    I like bus system at All Star better, as they seem to have more buses.