Which type of roast falls apart best in the slow cooker?

Y'all have some good recipes! So I have a round rump roast in the freezer - is that a tougher piece of meat?

I may have spelled it wrong...anyway, it's in the pickles section and it's basically pickled cauliflower, peppers, olives, carrots, etc. It just give the meat a kick. I do add a little water as needed. :thumbsup2 Oh...and I use low sodium broth to cut down on the saltiness.

It sounds so good...I haven't cooked anything in a crockpot for years. Gee...if I had a chuck roast I could start it in the crockpot now & I guess it would be ready for dinner in 18 hours...

I thought the gardenia had to be some kind of pickled stuff, but wasn't sure...and I hear ya on the low-sodium broth. I can't take the salty taste of most canned soups/broths these days, but now with my BP I don't think I have a choice on the regular or low-sodium.

agnes!

I use sirloin tip and cream of mushroom soup. It's so tender and no gristle.

Here is an official recipe

INGREDIENTS:
3 1/2 pounds beef roast: sirloin tip or rump roast
12 ounces (jar) Italian Giardiniera drained
12 ounces (jar) pepperoncini peppers
1 envelop Italian salad dressing -zesty Italian
10 ounce can beef broth
PREPARATION:
Place roast in slow cooker (3 1/2 quart). Mix all other ingredients together, draining oil from giardiniera - mine was water packed. (When adding giardiniera and pepperoncini, use 1/2 jar for a mild version or all for a spicier version).

Honestly,I skip the beef broth, otherwise my buns are way too soggy.. Serve with good buns and provolone cheese..
This is soooooooo good.

I buy a tenderized chuck roast. It is always falling apart. No gristles or bristles!! LOL (That was cute, Steph!)

I think everyone wants the secret to "fall apart meat!"

When I have the time (and the energy) - I usually create a concoction of flour and spices....whatever I feel like throwing in! (rosemary, thyme, garlic pepper......)

I cover the roast with the flour mixture and brown all sides on the skillet....not too long.

Then I put it in the crock pot with whatever I want to add....I don't follow a recipe, really.

The flour seems to help keep the juices in but maybe it's the cut of meat that really matters.

I LOVE the idea of the pickled veggies and peppercinis!! My husband can't tolerate spicy foods, though....but once it cooks, can you taste the kick as strong as you would if you ate it out of the jar???

My son is training to be a butcher, and I have him make all the "meat choices." I made a pot roast last week and used a chuck roast, fell apart doesn't begin to describe it--it was amazing!

I tossed it in with some cubed potatoes, baby carrots, chunks of onion, a package of pot roast mix, and however much water the mix said to add.

Anne

My son is training to be a butcher, and I have him make all the "meat choices." I made a pot roast last week and used a chuck roast, fell apart doesn't begin to describe it--it was amazing!

I tossed it in with some cubed potatoes, baby carrots, chunks of onion, a package of pot roast mix, and however much water the mix said to add.

Anne

Anne, which pot roast mix did you use?

I was hoping you were going to say Mcormick! I also have a coupon for it! :rotfl:
Sounds good, i will have to try it. :)

I use bottom round in a crock pot. I throw in 2 jars of Boston Market gravy, let cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
This is the roast I use too and have never had a tough or gristley (sp?) one. I put it in the crockpot, add 1 or 2 cans of beefy mushroom soup, and cook on low for about 8 hours. When I serve it there is no presentation to it whatsoever because when I slice it, it falls apart!! :)

I once read in a crockpot cookbook to use the cheapest cuts of meat in a crockpot and that's never failed me!

Our store actually has the meat labled whether it's for skillet, grilling, slowcooker, oven, etc.

Oh, and use minimal amount of liquid. A cup or less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!