Which time is the best to go to Universal??

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by redheadtove, Sep 18, 2011.

1. redheadtove

redheadtove Mouseketeer

I have so many questions about Universal its not even funny, but I figure I will start with a few and I will take it from there. ;) . I do know that I would like to come down to Orlando next year, I would like to spend a few days a Universal with my 2 daughters who will be 13 and 8, then move on to WDW for a few days. My questions are this...

1) When would be a good time to come to Universal, Halloween or Christmas? I would like to come when its decorated for one of those 2 holidays.

2) How many days should I plan to stay at Universal then? This is more then likely be our only trip there so I want to make sure we make the most of it.

3) I would prefer to stay on sight of Universal, which hotel do you recommend?

4) Does Universal offer shuttle service to and from MCO?

If these questions could get answered it would be greatly appreciated. :worship: Then I can go on from there!!

Thank you in advance for all you help!! :goodvibes

2. Zim

Zim Meow meow

Hope those suggestions help!

3. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead Moderator

you would probably like the park during the christmas holiday time.

universal will have parades and things only done during that time of the year.
    the park is decorated as such.

for halloween, only the motherland has mk decorated for that time of the year.
    universal holds a hard ticket event, hhn, from end of september thru october each year.
    their hard ticket even is recommended for those over 13.

4. redheadtove

redheadtove Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info!!! I was leaning more towards the Christmas season. :santa:

5. MrsMud

MrsMud <font color=green>Thinks the Ghostbuster wearing t

Another thing to consider, if you do stay onsite (which I highly recommend), the room rates in the first half December are cheaper than in October during HHN. In fact if you book far enough out you can get some of the cheapest rates of the year.

6. Metro West

Metro West Nothing to see here...move along.

You won't be disappointed.