which tablet?

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by goofyintoronto, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Domo

Domo Wotcha

As far as I know, it's not been released yet but will be soon. Here's hoping it's out in time for the birthday and that it lives up to expectations!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. nym4588

nym4588 Mouseketeer

I'm typing this from my iPad so you can guess which way I'm leaning.... ;)

Honestly, though, I can't imagine he wouldn't be thrilled with either one. What a nice mom :)

4. crazelion

crazelion <font color=blue>Form feet and legs...form arms an

Nexus 7 or 10, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Kindle Fire HD all android

All my kids have cheap tablets that are android for 100 bucks. I could not afford 600 or 1500 dollars in tablet.

Plus my kids also have Samsung Admire that I got for 49.99 dollars that got on sale at Best Buy they love them. They play with that besides the tablet sometimes.

5. Domo

Domo Wotcha

If it's any help, the iPad 5 is rumoured for a launch sometime in June. Then is the best time to keep up with trends or to nab a good deal on an older model.

6. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

Thanks for that tip!

7. clarkshel

clarkshel DIS Veteran

I wouldn't believe most rumors about Apple. There are so many of them and most of them are false. I used to go along with all of the hype, but now I just wait until an official announcement from Apple.

OP if you do decide to buy a Android tablet, just be careful with the apps you get. There are a lot of Malware apps for Android. Google has a big problem with this. One of the many reasons I prefer iPads over android powered tablets.

8. Dan Murphy

Dan Murphy We are family.

:lmao: Really? :rotfl2:

I have the Nexus 7 with mobile data. It is wifi and I can buy a 30 day data plan when I need it. I have traveled twice with it over the past 6 months, purchased 30 days each time for $30 each time. I know you like Android, which is a super OS. He will love it, you will too.

http://www.google.com/nexus/7/

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_7_32gb_hspa_att

9. Domo

Domo Wotcha

Ya, rly.

Of the 1,260 malware samples the team at North Carolina State University tossed at the Android OS, only 15 percent of them were detected by Google's app verification service.

2 Universities downloaded 13,000 Google Android apps and found that 41 out of every 100 apps were insecure.

It's a pity because I instinctively like Android due to it's foundations, but these flaws really worry me. It's no big deal if you're careful about what you download... I mean, it's only dangerous if you start downloading apps with names like "PayPal Tracker" :scared:

10. ashmarie06

ashmarie06 DIS Veteran

I agree about the validity of android apps. But as far as best tablet goes, I love my iPad! But I've never had any other tablet to compare it too!