Which special treat would you choose?

mom25kiddos

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at GF for a week for an extended family trip. It will be my father's birthday while we are there and we are planning the candlelight processional for that evening (with dining). I was thinking of doing something else special to commemorate his birthday and am debating between a cake delivered or something like a Disney treat tote delivered (or some variation on this idea, basically a tote bag filled with snacks, delivered by the in room celebration team). Any thoughts? what do you think would be better? there will be 12 of us, six adults and six children (ages 2-12).

If money was no object, I would hire Mickey to deliver whatever you decided. I don't think I'm ever going to be in that position mind you.

Even if money was no object my cheap factor would never let that happen! thinking of under $150 budget range

I think a treat bag delivered to his room is a great idea! The cake idea is good but will be over and "done" with quickly. The treat bag he can enjoy his entire stay!

I would go the cake route. Disney does an incredible job creating just the right cake for you. When you ring they will talk you through various options and get an idea of what you are looking for. Prices vary depending on how elaborate you want it and some of the fancy fondant cakes can get pretty expensive. I ordered a 3d Little Mermaid cake for my daughter during a February visit and we were all absolutely blown away by how gorgeous it was.

I would vote treat bag if it included something you could keep. I always prefer lasting gifts to edible ones! But I'm a bit overly sentimental about gifts!

We've done both in the past. I think the cake is better for a large group to celebrate together. The tote bag is a keepsake, but is this something your dad would enjoy? Either way, both are great options.

Thanks for the great suggestions-My dad wouldn't really enjoy the keepsake, but my mom would. To be honest, my dad would likely say don't get either, waste of money! But it is more the thought and my mom would love it and think it would be big deal. Now that I think about it, he doesn't really enjoy cake much, so maybe the tote would be best because he would at least like some of the snacks, or I could customize one I think on the website that had stuff he liked. We lost my brother suddenly last month and we are going on this big trip as a celebration of him and I want to find some nice touches for my folks to make it special. They have never been and likely won't go again.

My sincerest condolensces, mom25kiddos...hope you and your family have a truly magical time! I would have voted Tote too!

My sincerest condolensces, mom25kiddos...hope you and your family have a truly magical time! I would have voted Tote too!
thanks so much. It came as such a surprise, he has been to Disney both WDW and DL with his nieces and nephews many times so a perfect way to remember him. Now to find the best ways to make it special. my parents are paying for the flights and rooms and such so wouldn't mind spending a bit to make it extra special. looking at a private dessert party and have booked candlelight processional dinner. Let me know if anyone has other ideas!

I just ordered a platter of things for my MIL who is financing family trip for all of us using the in-room disney floral dept as a thank you. We went with a silver platter with brie and crackers, wine glasses, mug, picture frame and spa lotion. Cant wait for her to be surprised. There a lot of things to choose from. For a guy I would suggest either the tote or the collapsible cooler filled with treats and beverage (perhaps alcohol). You can fill out a note and choose the resort and recipient. I didn't do alcohol because I know she ordered from Garden Grocer plus if you choose it with disney floral and gifts you have to go down and sign for it, it won't be put in the room without a signature and ID. Best of luck deciding, either way it would be a nice gesture.

Is your father a veteran? The concierge at the Grand was able to help us make my father the veteran of the day... he participated in the flag lowering at the Magic Kingdom at 5pm... it is a special ceremony and they have a recessional down main street after... not sure if this still goes on as this was about 5 years ago, but we all cherish the memory and the grand kids got quite a lot out of it. I would also strongly recommend buying the photopass package. We go as a family of 15- 8 adults and 7 kids. Last month when we went we came home with over 200 pictures- well worth the money as you can have everyone together on one package. We got every ride picture and stopped for many photographers... and got wonderful professional shots! Enjoy your vacation and your family time- that is the best part!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter