Which Section of SSR?

BabsBunny

Mouseketeer
Hello all. I just booked a three day trip in late May for SSR for myself and my sister. I waitlisted BCV, but I'm not holding my breath.

I've stayed in Congress Park and in Grandstand(?). Both were good for walking to DD, but I'm thinking about putting a request for the Springs. But then again, maybe we'd enjoy hanging out at one of the quieter pools. :idea:

Any thoughts on which areas you like? What would be good for a short girls' trip?

TIA. :)

I would recommend Congress Park, the Springs and Grandstand (in that order). I absolutely love SSR. We've stayed in both CP and the Springs, but have walked all around the grounds.

- CP is closest to DTD, and right beside the main pool and restaurants. It has a quiet pool, which overlooks DTD. LOVE it!
- The Springs doesn't have a quiet pool, as it's right across from the main pool. The location is very convenient, and still close to DTD.
- Grandstand is beautiful. Near the Treehouse Villas and right beside the main pool and restaurants. It has a quiet pool as well, but is a longer walk to DTD. The upside according to others is the bus stops there first, so you don't have to worry about busses being filled up.

Here's a link to the resort map as well:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/

I've stayed in all but Carousel and for adults only, Springs is my least favorite. It was noisier and the bus stop is more crowded than the others (and last on the loop).

I'm a Congress Park girl. Always have been, always will be. :goodvibes:thumbsup2

We just got back from Saratoga Springs yesterday and stayed at Congress Park. We were located in 2301 and were steps from the bus stop and the pool. We couldn't of been happier with our first DVC stay.

Another vote for Congress Park, Perfect location for adults, bus, pool is nice and a short walk to DTD

Another vote for Congress Park with a DTD view. Lovely at night, near a quiet pool, shot 10 minute walk to boat, main pool, Turf Club. Also you can walk to and back from DTD!

DH and I will be taking an adults only trip to SSR next month. As a family, we have stayed in the Springs and liked the location. However, I'm thinking the two of us would enjoy a quieter location this time. I think Congress Park would be nice, but it doesn't look like they have a bar by the pool. (it is an adults trip after all! ;))

We just got back from a stay at SSR in the Springs (room 4221). I thought the location was perfect! We were close to the bus and the main pool (my 10 year old would have skipped the parks and stayed in the pool all day if we let him). Lots of activities, but not busy or noisy at the room, just the main pool area. I can't guess the number of times that we filled our drink cups from either the pool area or AP. Our walk to the boat launch was short too. We loved it.

We did walk around the complex and Congress Park does have great views of Downtown Disney. We could see the golf course from our front door, but our doorwall just had a view of the pond (which was nice).

If I were to go back with the whole family, I would definitely request the Springs again. If it is just DW and I, we may try Congress Park for a change. We'll have to see how the new Paddock Pool goes. That may give the Springs some competition.

We just did a quick "no parks" trip and I requested Grandstand because the Springs pool was supposed to be "not heated" during our stay (we swam there every day and the pool temp was fine.). While Grandstand was really beautiful and quiet (first floor - nice view of the golf course) - it was a REALLY long walk home from DTD one night. We walked past Congress Park (MUCH closer to DTD) - and I will admit I was thinking "We should have stayed here"... So that seems like the best "adult" location - as long as you have your own access to "beverages." :) Have fun!
Sue

All our stays at SSR so far have been in the Grandstand area. We love that its the first stop for the buses. We always request one of the 8000 numbered buildings as they are right next to the quiet pool & pool bar, grills, laundry facility and a short 5 minute walk to the main building. So far we have gotten our building request 3 out of 4 times. We always take the buses to the major parks and usually drive to the water parks and DTD so walking to DTD isn't a big priority for us. Having the first bus stop nearby makes it easy to always find a seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter