1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Which San Juna Cruise terminal does Disney sail from?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by ForTheLoveOfDCL, Mar 16, 2013.

1. ForTheLoveOfDCL

ForTheLoveOfDCL A Dream is a wish your

Hey all...for those who have sailed on the Southern before...which San Juan cruise terminal does Disney leave from. I heard that when sailing to San Juna they go into Old San Juan BUT if starting cruise from San Juan they leave from Pan America or Navy one....anyone actually know for sure???

ALSO--- I believe Disney has us sailing on the Disney Magic for that cruise next year BUT the Disboards has listed the Disney Wonder in their introduction. Here is a link to that. http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/sanjuan.htm They might wanna fix this. It seems confusing to some.:confused3

Thanks for everyones help.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bats

bats Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Has DCL sailed the southern before then?

4. jlwhitney

jlwhitney DIS Veteran

It is the Disney Magic that will be southern cruises. But the first one isnt till 2014. That will be the first time sailing out of san juan.

5. ForTheLoveOfDCL

I knew it was the Magic, as I am on one of the sailings but I thought maybe the DIS might wanna fix that. So when they sailed the southern area in the past (there was a 10/11 nt Southern) that one went out of PC??

I am just hoping someone knows which terminal. That way I can investigate hotels and such close to it. I figure by October I can book the hotel for the night I need.

6. disneyfan888

disneyfan888 DIS Veteran

There is only one port in San Juan for cruises coming in or going out and it is in the Old San Juan area. Many years ago if the main terminals were not used, they would use terminals on the farther end, but they are still all in the Old San Juan area. We are staying at the Sheraton Hotel which is right in front of the terminal. Here is a map of the layout of the terminals and Old San Jaun.

[​IMG]

7. ForTheLoveOfDCL

I just read some info saying there are 3 spots & pan american & navy we the others. Using which port depended on whether porting there or departing from there. That's why I asked. I will just call Disney to verify

8. DisDiana

DisDiana Mouseketeer

I read the same thing. Booked on the 9/27/14 cruise so I'm very interested in any news you uncover.

9. disneyfan888

disneyfan888 DIS Veteran

Here is a map of the entire pier. As you can see the Pan American and Navy ports are further down, but it is still in the San Juan area. I hope this helps.

[​IMG]

10. ForTheLoveOfDCL

Thank you for the map...that so helps. I will find out the exact pier because then I can research hotels close. I love the map...I am gonna photo copy it and add it to my cruise file. Love my Dis cruisers....so helpful!!!!!:goodvibes

11. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

How did you get a room there? It looks like it books up FAST!!! I know you can book 550 days in advance - wondering if I need to book at Midnight at the 550 day mark?!?! Seems wild that there are no rooms a available into 2014!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

12. QuiltTeddy

QuiltTeddy DIS Veteran

I ran into the same issue, just trying to price out rooms. Then when I put in for two nights, suddenly there were rooms available (although not in 2014 yet).

The Marriott also appears close.

For anyone going down before the cruise, how early are you going and what are you planning on doing?

13. ForTheLoveOfDCL

Called Disney and they said indeed Old San Juan. I just heard different stories so good to know for sure.
    We fly out the nt or 2 before hand. My plan is the friday day or thurs nt after school. I don't wanna pull the kids more then 6 days as DD will be a freshman in HS then and well don't want her to have to go to Saturday school!!! I didn't think we could book hotels already!!!:upsidedow

14. QuiltTeddy

QuiltTeddy DIS Veteran

I don't think we can make reservations this soon.

15. Silverfox97

You can make reservations 550 days in advance for the Sheraton. I was marveling because it seems to be all booked up somehow thru the beginning of Sept 2014! Crazy!

16. SC Disney Fan

SC Disney Fan Earning My Ears

The Sheraton is a beautiful place to stay. The pool is Wonderful! Very close to the terminal. If you can stay there I would.

17. disneyfan888

disneyfan888 DIS Veteran

I should rephrase, we don't actually have reservations, but the Sheraton is where we are wanting to stay and hopefully get a reservation. While they do have a big window for advance reservations, the farthest you can reserve as of right now is April 2014 so we still have to wait in order to make reservations. I believe the same goes for the Marriott which is pretty close by too. Im sure both hotels will be filled with DCL cruisers :goodvibes

18. MaryLou1962

MaryLou1962 LoveMyBoys

Help me! We sail Oct 4/14. I want to arrive on Oct 2. When is the 550 day mark? Any day now?

And to think I had just about convinced myself to relax, stop checking everything so compulsively, there's lots of time...

19. Silverfox97

Thank you for the info :)

20. toontoy

toontoy Mouseketeer

I am wondering if the Hilton resorts are close by, we are considering the Carib Hilton before we go on the cruise.

21. ForTheLoveOfDCL

I called the Sheraton and hopefully in a a month the October rates will be available. Hoping to book 2 rooms there for my friend and I for Oct 4th cruise!!!