which room category

pgjam

Mouseketeer
I think i have my dh convinced to try a cruise & can't figure out the room options. We are a family of 5 w/3 DS `8,16,14. Which category do I look at that will fit all those big male feet for 4 nights without wanting to stangle each other? Thanks
pgjam

Your best bet if you need to accomodate a family of 5 and you want extra space might be to get two connecting staterooms. These are staterooms with internal doors between them.

Do a search for "connecting."

We've booked 2 connecting staterooms, even though we're a family of 4.

Hi!
I am sure everyone has their own opinion on this topic. Here is our rationale for our decision:
We are a family of 5 (3 boys ages 8 - 13 at cruise time.) We decided on 2 category 8 connecting rooms near the end of the hall on deck 7. We decided against the family stateroom, and gave up the veranda for a few reasons. With the bed for the 5th person, the veranda seems difficult to access. We have cruised with and without verandas, and didn't miss them all that much--we spent more time on deck. With 2 rooms, we will have much more space, and the BIG clincher--2 bathrooms. Even with the split bath, I could see major back-ups during certain times of the day. The cost wasn't that much more for the 2 rooms. We wanted a deck towards the middle of the ship for our location--easier to get where we wanted to go, staterooms above and below ours--hopefully less noise than directly below an activity deck. We didn't look into inside staterooms because I "need" natural light, and the portholes are huge.
Like I said, I am sure there are lots of arguments for any stateroom type. You'll be able to take everyone's pros and cons, and make a decision that is right for your family. But, although there will be many stateroom preferences, everyone will assure you of a fantastic time!!! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter