Which rides did you feel were a total let down after waiting in line?

Uhm, does World of Color count? Got my FPs first thing in the morning last year, and even got Front Row in the blue section. Sadly the show did not live up to all the hype or my expectations . Specially not after seen Dreams! at DL Paris. Now that's a show worth getting FPs for, which you don't need at all.

:thumbsup2

Uhm, does World of Color count? Got my FPs first thing in the morning last year, and even got Front Row in the blue section. Sadly the show did not live up to all the hype or my expectations . Specially not after seen Dreams! at DL Paris. Now that's a show worth getting FPs for, which you don't need at all.

:thumbsup2

Does anyone else think World of Color isn't worth it? I was planning to keep my 5 year old up late the last 2 nights of our trip to see both World of Color and Fantasmic but if World of Color isn't really great then this isn't worth it - it will seem extra late to him since I'll have kept us on CST in order to make 7 am EMH each day!

I wasn't into WOC either. We saw it once, and I don't think I'll ever see it again. Just not worth it for me. I do like Fantasmic though!

My toddler LOVED Hemlich's train. We probably rode it with him 5 or 6 times. My older DS rode it too, but he was just riding to be with his brother, and wasn't really that into it.

Our kids are 6 and 7 and they still love going on Heimlich's Train. I actually sort of like it too, line is always short and it is a good sit down break ride, like Little Mermaid.

Does anyone else think World of Color isn't worth it? I was planning to keep my 5 year old up late the last 2 nights of our trip to see both World of Color and Fantasmic but if World of Color isn't really great then this isn't worth it - it will seem extra late to him since I'll have kept us on CST in order to make 7 am EMH each day!

I like WOC better than the fireworks and Fantasmic. The only thing I don't like about is that it is really hard for short kids to see. So I always end up with one of my kids on my shoulders for 20 minutes or so.

We did not like it either. We go to Disneyland almost every two weeks and the kids would rather see Fantasmic.

SeanCLV said:
Our kids are 6 and 7 and they still love going on Heimlich's Train. I actually sort of like it too, line is always short and it is a good sit down break ride, like Little Mermaid.

I like WOC better than the fireworks and Fantasmic. The only thing I don't like about is that it is really hard for short kids to see. So I always end up with one of my kids on my shoulders for 20 minutes or so.

Ok now I wouldn't go so far as to say its better than F! Because IMO there is no contest ...however, I really enjoy WOC and they have changed it a bit in the last few months...I would definitely recommend watching it

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Lol, I guess I need to see WoC again next week when I'm down there. What really killed it for me was the seating / FP situation. I say get rid of Fast Passes and make everyone stake out their spot as early as they feel like. And for goodness sake make EVERYONE sit down. Standing around waiting to enter your color section , and for the show to begin are already a pain, literally.

Yeah, I love F! thousands of times more than WoC. I wish they had it on weeknights during the holidays...forget the Candle Light Procession!! :laughing:

As someone who visits the East coast as opposed to the West coast, I can say I'm a bit scared. The way you are describing Luigi's is pretty much how I'd describe Flight of the Hippogriffs at Universal (FL). It should "wow" you, but you wait so long that you are less than impressed and almost annoyed you waited that long! All that said, we are doing our first visit to DL in June and I know we will wait for Luigi's. We don't know if, or when, we will be back to the West Coast. But it still stinks if you wait in line for something you think will be decent, but doesn't live up to your expectations.

And as for WoC, these boards have my head spinning as to how to see this thing! It is WAY more complicated than any "show" at WDW. There you just show up. None of this Fastpass stuff for a light/firework show. I'll learn... I hope!!!!

We were at Disneyland when Goofy's Coaster first opened. I think 2 or 3rd day. Yep we waited maybe 2 to 2.5 hours as our daughter and her gf wanted to ride this coaster. This was the shortest ride I have ever been on at DL. Maybe 2 mins tops. What an extreme let down for everyone we saw getting off. Why or why did we not get the hint and skip this ride -- I know why I had a child that was willing to wait just to ride this attraction. I still feel giped.

And as for WoC, these boards have my head spinning as to how to see this thing! It is WAY more complicated than any "show" at WDW. There you just show up. None of this Fastpass stuff for a light/firework show. I'll learn... I hope!!!!

It's really quite simple. Get the FP sometime in the morning or early afternoon, line up early(cm will direct you where) about 60-90 min. early depending on how close you want to be to the water, and wait for the show to start. There is alot of disagreement about WOC. I'd say see it at least once and see if it's for you.

I would wait 90 minutes for this show every visit...

I think it's worth doing at least once. I enjoy it, but if I had to choose, I would definitely do F! But, I know others who would pick WOC. It's one of my DS7's favorite things in both parks, so you really have to decide for yourself. However, I would say that viewing location makes or breaks the show. Not sure I'd even bother waiting if I didn't get a spot on a rail. So, if you're going to do it, get there early enough to get a good spot!

As others have said, I don't do Roger Rabbit. I don't usually even waste a FP on it. Haven't been on it in years. It's an ok ride, but I'm not a fan of the theming. Didn't care for LFT either, but the kids liked it. I got lucky when I went on it, though. I didn't end up waiting at all. DS5 and I had just gotten off RSR and the rest of the fam was just getting on LFT. We wento to the gate to watch them and the CM let DS5 and I in through the exit to ride with them. :cool1:

A lot of the WOC enjoyment relies on where you're watching it from. Its great if your right in the middle and not too close to the front/water. It can look terrible if you're off to the side and/or too close.
also, one of the movable fountains (back left, i think) has been off skew at least half a year and i find that annoying, haha

NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!! NEMO!!
;) :lmao:

Another vote for both WOC and Nemo.

My two and four year olds were actually terrified of the Nemo ride. The scary shark, the terrifying whale scene and the whole ride going dark. I thought this ride was aimed at small children? We skip this one every time now.

I know this is sacrilege, but...Toy Story. I know, I know, it's fun...but 45 minutes of standing in line worth of fun? Nope. If it had FP, I would enjoy it so much more!

We rode Soarin' during EMH and only waited about 5 minutes, and it was a neat ride, but I would never wait more than maybe 20 min for it.

Roger rabbit for sure. This was the last time we will ever be deceived by the line!
Nemo. Didn't bother with it this trip.
WOC. My family made me promise not to ever make them stand and wait again - only to have some tall person with a chipmunk hat and a cell phone video camera stand in front of them.
Unfortunately, after a long 45 - 60 min wait TSMM is hard to love. I do.... But just couldn't bear the wait and don't get to see it this trip. So sad really....

My two and four year olds were actually terrified of the Nemo ride. The scary shark, the terrifying whale scene and the whole ride going dark. I thought this ride was aimed at small children? We skip this one every time now.

Yeah, my 4yo hated it - the same areas as yours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter