Which rides are often down / unreliable at park opening?

What's the real deal with like Rise and it being down at opening. We bought an ILL for that ride and it paid off. It was down on our HS day at EE. Is this a deliberate thing for Disney or why? It should really help push the sales of ILL for Rise. What am I missing?

What's the real deal with like Rise and it being down at opening. We bought an ILL for that ride and it paid off. It was down on our HS day at EE. Is this a deliberate thing for Disney or why? It should really help push the sales of ILL for Rise. What am I missing?
I doubt it’s deliberate. That ride has broken down a ton ever since it opened without the option to pay to ride pre-Covid.

Rise is just a very complex attraction made up of multiple sub-systems, animatronics, etc so there is a lot that can go wrong, in addition to other external causes such as people dropping phones/items that must be cleared.

It also uses trackless vehicles and if they lose communication at any time due to wireless interference or some other issue then the ride can’t run and emergency stops to prevent a worse failure such as a collision. Then, every bit of it must be cleared and evaluated by maintenance before it can be restarted, which takes significant time.

Rise is just a very complex attraction made up of multiple sub-systems, animatronics, etc so there is a lot that can go wrong, in addition to other external causes such as people dropping phones/items that must be cleared.

It also uses trackless vehicles and if they lose communication at any time due to wireless interference or some other issue then the ride can’t run and emergency stops to prevent a worse failure such as a collision. Then, every bit of it must be cleared and evaluated by maintenance before it can be restarted, which takes significant time.
It is interesting to point out that the technology of the trackless rides requires more attention. I wonder where the imagineering teams participate in making the engineering better? Finding the source of the issues is probably not that simple. 🤔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter