Which restaurant for Fanstasmic Dining Pkg @ DHS?

KJO516

Earning My Ears
Going end of April with dh, DS 7, DD 4 and my parents. Should we do Hollywood and Vine or Mama Melrose? It seems Brown Derby is double TS credit, or we would consider that.

THANKS!

I plan on doing FP+ for Fantasmic! when we go, even though everyone says we don't need to do that. I just can't pull the trigger on any of the Fantasmic! dinner packages, since it just seems like so much money for menus that don't excite me. But if I did have to pick one for my family, I'd go with Mama Melrose, since we are all adults now. Maybe your little ones would prefer to see the characters at H&V (shows ya how old I am, I don't even know those characters at H&V! LOL!).

We have eaten at all 3. I prefer Mama Melrose. Hollywood and Vine has the worst buffet on property IMOP and I don't think there are any characters at dinner. Brown Derby is nice for sure but using double dining points hurts. By the way, even when using dining points you get an appetizer also at Mama Melrose when booking the package.

We've done both H&V and Mama Melrose and hands down Mama Melrose has better food (the kids loved the spaghetti and meatball cupcake for dessert!) H&V was a little overwhelming for my kids (too much to see and do to eat) and underwhelming for food. But, having said all that--if your kids are really into Disney Jr characters (Jake, Sophia, Doc McStuffins) -- then it is a chance to meet and greet them without standing in any lines, etc. Look into if those characters are actually there at dinner--you may be able to get the F! package with lunch when the characters are there. I personally would pick Mama Melrose though for dinner unless Disney Jr characters are up high on your must-see list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter