wHICH RESTAURANT FIRST NIGHT

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Family24, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Family24

Family24 Mouseketeer

Hi - Our trip is still a year away but I like to plan early. We have two kids who are 11(boy) and 7(girl). We are staying at the Polynesian which we stayed two years ago. We have also stayed at the Wilderness Lodge about 4 years ago. Usually, we start our vacation at Chef Mickeys for dinner and am thinking of doing something different. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. CanadianImagineer

CanadianImagineer Mouseketeer

It's never too early to plan:thumbsup2 Anyways, for our upcoming trip we're making a b-line to MK and heading to Crystal Palace for dinner. We've never been before so definitely looking forward to it!

4. laughinplace199

laughinplace199 <font color=blue>AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs<br><

We like to go to Spoodles the first night and the roam around the BW area after dinner. Last year, there was an entertainer right outside of Spoodles when we were leaving. We stopped to watch and DD got picked to be his "assistant". It was a great, relaxing way to start our vacation.

5. Leleluvsdis

Leleluvsdis DIS Veteran

The biggest factor would be if you want to go into a park or not?

6. mooneyda

mooneyda Mouseketeer

We have been spending last couple trips on the boardwalk.Since we do not get park passes the first night and are on dining plan we usually go to Spoodles

7. ariel2007

ariel2007 Newbie Disser

Since your staying at the Poly how about Ohana. We love it there and it will be really easy for you to get too. They do games and things with the kids and great cocktails, and it will be easy for you to watch Wishes, either from the restaurant or from the beach after.

8. marmar

marmar Mouseketeer

If you have park tickets.........we always get ADR for Illuminations at the Rose & Crown. Nice way to start the vacation

9. JodyLynC

JodyLynC <font color=darkorchid>I remember scooping the gra

We do Ohana first night and Boma last night.

10. tiggerx3

tiggerx3 Mouseketeer

MK is always our first park, so we have our first meal at the Crystal Palace. I love seeing the characters and being able to eat right when we sit down.

11. tarheelmjfan

tarheelmjfan <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue>

This or Kona would be my suggestion. We like to eat at our resort on travel day, in case we're too tired to do a lot.

12. colinsdad

colinsdad DIS Veteran

If you're not going into a park, I'd do a dinner show since they take more time than a typical dinner and could fill up your first night.

We personally love the Hoop De Doo Review but maybe the Luau at the Poly would be good since you're staying there.

And like another poster said. It's never too early to start planning!:thumbsup2

13. Family24

Family24 Mouseketeer

Thanks for all your suggestions - I probably should have told you which restaurants I already know we will be going to do. Hoop -dee-doo is a favorite every time, Crystal Palace breakfast and Kona since we are staying at the Poly. We will be arriving at the Poly on Friday morning around 10:00 am so we will have the whole day to do a park or relax (with two kids? I don't think so but maybe)Anyway thanks for all your suggestions we have lots of time to decide.

14. jblrn2b

jblrn2b DIS Veteran

Definitely Ohanas for dinner after an exhausting day of travel and then the Park. It's so fun and you could watch Wishes and go to your room and fall asleep.

15. Erin1700

Erin1700 <font color=purple>At least I am bragging about us

Take the monorail over to the Grand Floridian and go to 1900 Park Fare. We like to get dressed up and go there the first night and the food is good too.

16. Silver Queen

Silver Queen DIS Veteran

the Grand Floridian Cafe is also very good. A trip to Boma might be fun too. AKL is a wonderful resort to visit.

17. summermac

summermac DIS Veteran

I think we're going to MK and Crystal Palace our first night too!

18. Family24

Family24 Mouseketeer

yes - We have also eaten at Boma before and liked it just trying to find something maybe different. We will also be eating at the 1900 character dinner one night. We have never eaten at Ohana's so that could be a possible choice. Our kids will be 12 and 8 then is it geared more towards younger or older kids? Also, has anyone been to the Cape May character dinner? I would like to check out the Beach Club for this time as we might stay at this resort for a future trip as the kids are getting older and might spend more time at Epcot.

19. ROEDISNEY

ROEDISNEY DIS Veteran My name

In the Ploy Kona Cafe or Ohanna
    In the GF 1900 or Gf Cafe
    In the CR The Wave
    In the MK Tony's or LTT

20. patsfan101

patsfan101 Mouseketeer

We always eat at our resort the first night - I second the vote for O'hana - it's reallly fun and the food (especially turkey tips) is really good.

21. mom2meiko

mom2meiko Mouseketeer

i would probably hop on the monorail to GF and do 1900 PF. A visit with Cindy and crew is a great way to start your vacation. :)