Which resorts to visit?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by disneyfanbecky, Dec 31, 2012.

1. disneyfanbecky

disneyfanbecky Mouseketeer

Hi all!

I'm going for a short, spontaneous trip at the end of January. Last time we went I stayed at AKL and loved it!!

I have previously stayed at POFQ; explored GF, The Poly, Beach & Yacht Club, and briefly the Contemporary. We will be staying at AKL again this trip, with one night at Pop (and I'll definitely check out the new animation resort!) but for a trip in May with friends I am considering a moderate hotel or Ft. Wilderness cabins.

My question is: what resort would be a fun resort to explore and visit? It doesn't have to fall under a category I would potentially stay at next time, but if it fits there too then great!! But we loved exploring AKL and GF for example, and those are some highlights of my last trip - I'd love to hear about other resorts that are worth the trip to just explore! :goodvibes

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

wl/ VWL - then PO (R & FQ) fun to look around

4. glocon

glocon DIS Veteran

On our first visit we explored the Contemporary and had a great time. There is Chef Mickey's to go to among other great restaurant options, shopping, the indoor monorail, outdoor picture opportunities and you can watch the Electric Parade from there at night (I think).

And have you looked into the Boardwalk? I have never been there but would love to visit sometime...

5. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

boy you say POFQ and included it

so instead CBR - plus the values - Pop & aoa - Pop is just cute!

definitely go see WL/VWL - it is beautifully