Which resorts can sleep 5?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by 3littlecuties, Apr 21, 2013.

1. 3littlecuties

3littlecuties Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Polynesian in October and I know that it can sleep 5 (even though our youngest was 2 so we didn't really need a room that slept 5 yet). For our next trip, all three kids will be over the age of 3. Which hotels are options? Are there any moderates that can accommodate 5?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. sleepymama

sleepymama Earning My Ears

Port Orleans Riverside is the only moderate that I can think of that sleeps 5.

4. 3littlecuties

Hmm...maybe we'll stick with deluxe then. Which deluxe can sleep 5? All of them?

5. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

All of the deluxes except WL & AKL accommodate 5 + 1 under the age of 3 in a standard room, with the occupancy at WL & AKL being 4 + 1 under the age of 3 in a standard room. WL does have a deluxe CL room that accommodates 6. HTH :).

6. madelyn

madelyn DIS Veteran

Also some of the 1 bedroom villas (Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas Kidani/Jambo and Bay Lake Towers) and any of the 2 bedroom villas at the Disney Vacation Club properties. Also the Fort Wilderness cabins. You didn't mention value resorts but any of the Value Suites can sleep 6 as well as the suite at Coronado Springs (but 2 regular rooms is cheaper). Technically not on-site but the Dolphin will also allow 5 in a room (with a rollaway). I've researched our options since my family is also a familly of 5. Youngest is now 6 years old.

7. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

fw cabins also sleep 6.

the CR standard/garden views are in the Wing building - so they can be a good bargain.

don't you like POR?
    It is really a nice place - has a boat to DD.

8. 3littlecuties

We have never stayed at POR so I guess that I shouldn't discount it so quickly. From what I saw though, it looks like a very small trundle bed for the 5th person. I guess that would work. Just doesn't seem like many options at the moderate level.

We actually stayed at the cabins when we went with my parents in Oct 2008. I thought getting to the resorts was difficult because you have to take an extra bus just to get to the end of the campground and then wait again for a bus (or boat) to the parks.

We really enjoyed Poly but we wanted to see what our options were at a cheaper price point.

9. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

POR has changed

now instead of double beds it has queen beds - no trundle - but a murphy bed.

10. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

Some of the deluxes (like the Epcot resort area ones) have a lower price point than the Poly (and so do the Garden Wing rooms at the CR) and they still sleep 5. They are more expensive than POR, but less than most rooms on the monorail.;)