Which resort positions are "tipped" and therefore receive a sub-min. wage?

Letsbgoofy said:
I worked as a waitress/bartender for years. It amazes me how cheap some people are when it comes to tipping. On the other hand, WDW attracts many foreign guests. Don't European countries include the tip in the bill? Maybe that's why some WDW servers don't get decent tips - the guests don't realize the tip isn't included??

I know with the amount of travelers from England, they are starting to get better with it. In the UK, servers make a very decent wage, and gratuities are almost unheard of. A lot of TAs and travel firms have been working on educating travelers about that. Once they realize that the servers don't get paid much, most of the visitors from the UK are happy to leave nice big tips.

I believe there is a slip inside all restaurant checks that mention that it is customary to tip for good service in the restaurants here. It helps explain it for our guests across the pond that aren't accustomed to it.

One good thing about the various Dining plans that we have here, is that tips are automatically included in them. That helps out a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter