Which Resort is OVER RATED/UNDER RATED on the DIS!

Overrated: GF, AKL
Underrated: WL (except the CY views, which I thought were nice but OVERrated).

it's not an easy question. It's subjective. You'll get so many different answers. No answers are right or wrong. And, people can only comment on resorts they have actually stayed in. We've stayed at CR, Poly, GF, CBR, CSR, WL, POR, Swan, Dolphin, YC, BC, All Star Music, and OKW.

I think WL is over-rated. Many people would not agree. We weren't impressed with the small, dark rooms or the small pool or the CM's. However, the lobby and grounds and outside of the hotel are breathtaking. We didn't like the boat transportation. SLOOOOOOOWWWWW.

We didn't like OKW - but I don't think it gets tons of "props" on the boards anyway.

As far as under rated - my vote would be for the Swan and Dolphin. They get a little bit of flack for not being Disney owned. We were a bit apprehensive about staying there for the first time in 2004. Boy were we pleasantly surprised! We didn't miss a bit of the magic - it has the magic and then some.

Again, this is all a matter of opinion. But it's good to read about the different points of view.

PamNC

Under rated: CR - people blast this hotel for being sterile looke, but the view and walk to MK can't be beat. POR - great setting for a great price and some rooms sleep 5.

Over rated: POP - now let me say that we have had pleasant stays at the various All Stars, but we really hated POP. The rooms were noisy and the bus waits were lengthy...never again.

After 35 posters with opinions, here are the results:

AKL - 3 under and 3 over
AS* - 2 under and 1 over
BC - 1 under and 1 over
BW - 2 under and 1 over (the over specifically stated BWV but so much of the resort is shared)
CBR - 2 under and 2 over
CR - 4 under and 2 over
CSR - 4 under and 2 over
Dolphin/Swan - 3 under and 1 over
FW (cabins) - 2 under
GF - 7 over and 1 under
OKW - 1 under 1 over
Poly - 1 over
POR - 4 under
POFQ - 3 over
POP - 1 under and 5 over
SSR - 1 under
WL - 5 under and 5 over
YC - 2 under

The interesting thing is that POR and POFQ are polarized opposites in perceived value. In GF case, the only way to go when you are at the top is down. Otherwise the need for different theming is clearly evident. :goodvibes

Underrated- Port Orleans French Quarter

Overrated- Old Key West

Overrated--CR (upkeep has been lacking, although I think opinion of the CR has been falling on the board the past year or two, so maybe not as overrated as it used to be)

Underrated--CSR (doesn't get a lot of love, but I think it is amazing if you don't mind the walking)

Overrated: Grand Floridian, while I haven't stayed there, I can stay at nicer hotels in NYC for less money.

Underrated: ASMu & CBR

Over- BC just didnt do it for me but loved BW
Under- AKL deluxe at a low rate.

I think it depends on what you like. The only hotel that I think is gushed about on the DIS that really gets folks whipped up into a frenzy is the Poly.

The Poly is a great hotel, but I think a lot of people take what is said around here to heart, and expect it to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. It just isn't that great.

But that seems to be changing. I think the new hotel that is going to be the DIS favorite is the BWI...but I could be wrong. :)

I've stayed just about everywhere and have not been disappointed yet. I
suggest trying them all and then deciding which are your favorites. It's a
great excuse for going back. As if any of us needed an excuse............... ;)

Cee said:
I've stayed just about everywhere and have not been disappointed yet. I
suggest trying them all and then deciding which are your favorites. It's a
great excuse for going back. As if any of us needed an excuse............... ;)

That sounds like a plan to me!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Over: Poly. Although we love the Ohana Meal
Under: ASMo. our family fave. no complaints at all after 10+ years
:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts