Which resort has the largest rooms?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by MouseEarsforUs, Nov 8, 2012.

1. MouseEarsforUs

MouseEarsforUs Earning My Ears

We were thinking that we might want a little more room this time. We usually stay at AKL in a regular room. We have 2 kids.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. TJA

TJA DIS Veteran

I don't know the actual square footage of room sizes, but out of the deluxes, WL and AKL feel the smallest to us. The Epcot resorts feel a little bigger. The monorail resorts feel the largest to us. Personally, we felt like we had a room once at Poly that was absolutely huge by disney standards. I think the room sizes vary by building at Poly.

4. NJRRK

NJRRK DIS Veteran

For standard rooms the CR and Poly have the largest rooms, followed by GF, then YC, BC, BW, next down would be WL & AKL. Then the Moderates, smallest are the values.

5. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Yes, of the deluxe Poly & CR have the largest rooms.

6. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

Just for comparison's sake, the typical Poly guest room is 404-ish square feet. CR's rooms are just a bit larger, something like 437 sq feet.

AKL's standard rooms are 344 sq ft.

7. Cee

Cee DIS Veteran

Old Key West. All of those rooms(villas) are huge. :thumbsup2

8. TDluvsDaisy

TDluvsDaisy DVC Member BCV

The Tahiti building rooms are larger than some of the older Poly buildings. Tahiti also has wider hallways and 2 sinks in the bathroom area. Love that Tahiti building!! :thumbsup2

9. TJA

TJA DIS Veteran

Yes I can remember having to switch rooms at Poly once and though I can't remember the buildings (we switched buildings 2x!), I do clearly remember thinking WOW when we walked in one of the rooms. It just seemed enormous.

10. Polydweller

Polydweller DIS Veteran

Close. CR rooms range from 422 to 436 sq ft. At the Poly the smaller rooms in the older buildings are 415 while in the newer buildings (Tokelau, Tahiti, Rapa Nui) the rooms are 476 sq ft. The resorts were built with the same construction method by the same manufacturer. The rooms were pre-fabed as a rectangular units and slid into the building frame.

11. triciari

triciari DIS Veteran

Are 5 allowed in these rooms? 2 adults, 3 young kids - 5-9.

12. catho72

catho72 DIS Veteran

Yes, 5 are allowed in all deluxe resort's rooms except AKL and WL.

13. pamkat1820

pamkat1820 Mouseketeer

AKL & WL are the only deluxe resorts that only allow 4 & a child under3 in a room but all the other deluxe sleep 5. As for the mods only POR can sleep 5 in bayou. Don't quote me on the values, we never looked into them because they are def not for me.

14. tinkermommyof3

tinkermommyof3 DIS Veteran

CR and Poly were the biggest. We have stayed at CR, Poly, BWI, GF and POR.

15. LoveWaltDisney

LoveWaltDisney Earning My Ears

The largest will be the Disney Vacation Club rooms, followed by the Poly, Contemporary, and GF.

16. NJRRK

NJRRK DIS Veteran

I disagree, this discussion is about standard size rooms. The "standard" size room for DVC would be the studio, they are no larger than the Poly CR or GF regular rooms (except they have a kitchenette).

17. chemnerd09

chemnerd09 Mouseketeer

I would agree with the Poly seeming to have larger rooms. We stayed there for my graduation trip and I couldn't get over the size of the room. It was easily the largest we've stayed in (not including villas larger than a studio) and we've stayed everywhere. I wish I could have remembered which building it was.