Which resort and why?

mchelle77

DIS Veteran
Staying in February with my 10 year old and my mother (her first trip) ... none of us are going to care much about the resort, so we're doing a value this time to save money. Which would you suggest, and why? We've stayed at ASMo years ago and had no issues with it at all. Was thinking about Pop or Music this time. Buses aren't an issue (we'll have our car) Pros and cons?

I tend to lean towards Pop because it is newer than ASMo. Basically, anything they felt they needed to improve on with the All-Stars, they built upon with Pop. I find the colors more brighter and the whole atmosphere more cheery with Pop Century. Pop is a little more expensive-- and I mean a little! Usually no more than like like $10-15 a night.

I've only stayed at Pop in the values, it is the one a lake, and there's a bridge over to AoA. More dining options, and it's fun to walk over to check out resort and eat. They have super cute icons of Lion King, Cars, etc. good photo ops!

Pop - the lake is standard view!!!

the pool is preferred view (both the main pool and 50's)

would not drive to the MK - you have to park at TTC then take the trans to TTC then take the monorail or ferry to the MK. So this can add a good 30 to 45 minutes to your time before even getting into the MK.

so take the Pop bus - it drops you off in front of the MK.

also like it for Studios - the bus is closer than the parking lot.

oh liked the food at Pop much better than Allstars - but it has been about 2 years since I visited Pop.

The only value that I have ever stayed at is AOA but my family loves that one. Love the decor, it seems so Disney!! Food court was nice. Never had any problems with the buses.

Definitely Pop for the view of hourglass lake. It's really nice at night with being able to see all the lights from Art of Animation from across the generation gap bridge.

The only value we've stayed at is Pop. If my budget was tight we'd be more than happy to return. We like it better than Coronado Springs. Really nice resort. We had a lot of fun there.

I've stayed at all 3 allstars and at pop and like them all pretty equally. We drive too now a days so we haven't used the buses that often from these resorts either so no real comment there. We change it up among different resorts just to keep things fresh for us. Now that we've stayed at a lot of them we go based on discounts, our plans, and whose in the travel group (I often stay at the value resorts when it's just my 11 y/o granddaughter and myself).

POP. It is across the bridge from AOA, so you can walk over there to another food court option. Plus AOA has lots of neat areas to take great pictures.

Pop is a nicely laid out resort where none of the rooms are really far away from the dining, pools and buses. ASMu is elongated in footprint so that many standard rooms are quite a hike from the buses and food court.

It is subjective, I know, but I liked the rooms better at POP.

POP doesn't share buses, ASMu might (although admittedly not often).

I've stayed at Music twice now, and at Pop about 6 times. I much prefer Pop. The whole feel of the resort is more upbeat. My favorite area? The backside of building 4, in 60's!! It's a short walk to the food court and buses, but it's incredibly quiet.
Music is okay, but it feels kind of blah to me. Almost dated. But, others love it there!

OK, I think I'm convinced on Pop. Great to know about the bus to MK making more sense ... I'm going to be attempting a pre-park BoG breakfast again so saving time is a plus. Thank you all!

Our only value stay was at Pop, we stayed there on recommendation from family who had stayed at Pop and All-Stars. Pop a little newer and nicer. We also read that All-Star resorts are more popular with tour/sports groups, another factor in choosing Pop.

There is not really any difference staying at the Music or Sports resorts. Any resort you stay out you will enjoy yourself.

There is not really any difference staying at the Music or Sports resorts. Any resort you stay out you will enjoy yourself.

I'm not considering those resorts :) But yes I agree, I've stayed at Movies, Caribbean Beach and the Beach Club and have loved every trip, so I'm not too worried. Just curious about the pros and cons of the two I had mentioned.

Music is my first, last and always choice. My wife and I are there every year now and we just love that resort. I have stayed at POP but the both of us agree that we did not enjoy it as much. It seemed cold and uninviting. I am a Music snob now and encourage everyone I talk to to give them a try. We are in our 60's so we enjoy the Calypso because it cuts down on the late night return walk from the parks. It also places us right across from the pool which is our favorite afternoon resting place.

I've only stayed at Pop in the values, it is the one a lake, and there's a bridge over to AoA. More dining options, and it's fun to walk over to check out resort and eat. They have super cute icons of Lion King, Cars, etc. good photo ops!
I agree! I love the walk over to AoA, great photo-op plus food court is great and i love the different items at the gift shop too.

Pop is my fave value. Love the theme. They have the best poolside entertainment staff, and the view of the lake is gorgeous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter