Which rental company would you choose for convenience?

Steph H

That Loud Redhead
Hi, all! DH, DS3, and I are going on our first WDW trip in October, staying at GF. I wasn't planning to rent a car for the trip, especially with the new *free* Disney transport to the hotel and back, and expecting to use all Disney transportation while we're there. BUT, my grandparents live in Largo, FL (outside of St. Pete), and I wanted to take a trip down to see them one day during our trip. I asked the concierge about car rental companies that are convenient to WDW (I have a friend who lives down there and works at GF and would probably drop us off and pick us up). The concierge mentioned that Alamo and National are the "official" rental car companies of WDW and would pick us up/drop us off.

That's very nice, BUT, my American Express rewards program only offers certificates for Avis or Hertz. I'm quite sure I will be able to pay for or almost pay for a one-day rental (probably a nice one, too!) with my certificate, so I'd really like to use them instead. Anyone have any experience using Avis or Hertz to rent a car at DisneyWorld but NOT renting through the airport locations? Suggestions, experiences, etc. are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi there,

Not super convenient to the GF but I found a Hertz rental location I think is about 5 miles away:

Marriott Sabal Palms
8805 World Center Drive, Orlando, FL, US

:)

I think there's also an Avis at the Hilton in DTD. Then one of you could take the bus to DTD, walk to the hilton, pick up the car and drive back to GF to pick up the rest of the crew.

If you look on the Hertz website for local edition locations there are several that are close to the resorts. You can call and make arrangements for them to deliver the car to you and will pick it up when you are done.

There is one on 192 in Kissimmee. I have used that location.

Thank you all for the advice! I don't really know the lay of the land yet, so all your ideas are very helpful.

Thanks again!

Renting a car from National/Alamo for one day isn't that expensive. I have a National car reserved to pickup at the Dolphin and drop-off at the Tampa airport the next day for under $36. That's with an Entertainment rate and 2-car class upgrade coupon (paying for a compact, getting a standard). You can also pick up a car at the Car Care Center near the Magic Kingdom. Unless you already have the Avis or Hertz certificate, save your Membership Rewards points for something else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter