Which one should we pick - Boardwalk Inn or Yacht Club and Why?

Grendalynn

Self Proclaimed DIS Veteran
We have two reservations booked for our upcoming trip to WDW in November... 3 actually. 2 nights at the Caribbean Beach for the Wine & Dine 1/2 weekend, then we will be moving to one of two resorts... And I need help deciding on which one. FWIW: our kids are 16, 12 and 9 during thsi trip...

Thanks to the free dining offer this fall, we have the opportunity to upgrade for the same amount as what we had planned to spend at CBR. (My ideal deluxe would be Beach Club but I havent seen any avaiability there yet) By the time I called to add the FD to our current CBR res, they had sold out. So - if we are going to spend the same money - we may as well get more bang for our buck! So, long story short - I scooped up a week stay at the Boardwalk Inn when the rooms were selling out so fast and the on-hold time last week for Disney Travel was 2 hours ++. :cloud9: So, I just checked in on the Disney website this morning and I was able to score a reservation at Yacht Club with a Garden view room and free dining!!:love: Now I have one reservation I need to drop and I am not sure which one, as I have never stayed at either and want to make sure we make the right choice... my gut tells me to keep Yacht Club and drop Boardwalk as its just a matter of the extra $800 ...

Tell me about your stays at these resorts, pros & cons, likes and dislikes. Thanks in advance for the help!

I would choose the YC simply because the clown at BWI scared the bejeezus out of me. :scared1: The pool at the YC is much better and bigger than BWI and the rooms at the YC are very nice as are the CM's.

It depends...if your kids will make a great deal of use out of the pool then go for yacht club. If this is not the case, based on your kids age I would go for Boardwalk. BW is closer to HS. You do not have to walk a mile for refill mug. The entertainment on the BW is awesome. I happen to love Jelly Rolls in the evening. I like the décor of BW as well. Yacht club may seem too stuffy for your kids. The staff at both of these resorts are awesome. I hope this helps.

We have stayed at both and they are both great. You really can't go wrong with either choice. So if you're saving $$ by staying at BW I would jump on that. We may be the oddballs, but we like the pool at BW better. I know that's blasphemy around here, but the BW pool has THE best slide on property.

I've stayed at both resorts many times. They are my two favorite resorts on property. As others have said, you can't go wrong with either choice.

My kids love the YC because of the pool. The rooms are comparable. I prefer the loung at YC (Crew's Cup) although the Belle Vue Lounge at BWI is nice too. It's only a short walk (5- 10 min) around the lagoon from either resort to the other one, so any amenities at one resort (such as restaurants or Jelly Rolls) aren't that far from the other resort.

The resorts are about equidistant from Epcot, but BWI is closer to DHS.

Are you saying you'll save $800 if you stay at the BWI? I would go for that then. The rooms look very nice, you'll still be able to talk to DHS and Epcot. If they were the same price, I'd say go to YC, but it's not enough of a preference to spend the extra $800 for.

~Cari~ pluto:

Correction: We will be saving $800 to stay at The Yacht Club... Plus my husband is not a fan of the clowns, so he is all in for YC, but I get to make the final decision...

Stay at the place that saves you $800! They are both lovely. We have not stayed at the YC but we have stayed at BC. The only real difference is the decor and about a 5 minute longer walk to Epcot. Given you are running in the half those 5 minutes probably aren't relevant! Enjoy the YC. It will be a wonderful trip!

We've stayed at the Boardwalk, YC & BC & enjoy each. For us to save $800 & get the pool at the YC, we'd make the YC our choice in a second. ::yes::

We stayed at the YC and we loved it!!! The fact that they were the first bus stop on and off sealed the deal for me. The buses share with BC!

We have stayed at both but club level. I also did a stay with DH at the BWI (Club) but I decided to stay 5 days more but had to switch to a regular room.

We prefer the BWI over the Yacht Club but it is really what you want. We don't get the dining plan anymore even if it was free lol We get a 40% discount with the military rate so it is easy for me to take the % off over FD. Which ever one you pick would be great. Have fun !! We share at times with S& D with the buses but still get you there :)

Another vote for YC. I've stayed at YC/BC a number of times and BWV once, but will be back there next week. The only reason I've stayed at BWV and am doing it again was it was the only thing available when I booked. It may be because I've stayed at YC/BC so many times but it feels a little more comfortable to me. You really can't go wrong with either though.

Adore both resorts, you cannot go wrong either way.

But saving $800?!?! NO QUESTION YC BABY!!!!! BWI is my favorite but not worth $800 more.

Save the $800 and stay at the YC. With the age of your kids, Storm Along Bay will be a huge hit, DH doesn't have to deal with the creepy clown, and you can still walk over to the BWI and enjoy the BW there - just a short walk or boat trip away.

Great deal! Enjoy!

Yacht Club it is! We are starting off our star at CBR for two nights then heading to YC! We are excited as we haven't stayed at either property and its on my bucket list to stay at all WDW resorts before I "go"!! BWI was nice, but DH is not a fan of clowns and we are saving $800.

How were you able to make two different reservations for the same day? I wanted to do that so we could check with family as to which resort we should keep, but was told that if I make a reservation at a different resort through Disney, the first resort would be cancelled out. I would take YC also, with the huge savings you are getting!

How were you able to make two different reservations for the same day? I wanted to do that so we could check with family as to which resort we should keep, but was told that if I make a reservation at a different resort through Disney, the first resort would be cancelled out. I would take YC also, with the huge savings you are getting!

I actually had 3 reservations going at one time... All under my name. Nothing canceled out - until I called in and canceled it. I did it all online and noth with a CM. I planned intially to do it with a CM, but as I was on hold for over 2++ hours, i decided to scoop up what I could online and cancel what I didnt need after. It all worked out in the end as our original/initial reservation that I made way back in February was not able to be given the FD discount as all the allotted rooms were booked!! So I figured, that if I was going to pay "full price"< I would go to a deluxe for the same price AND get the free dining... It all worked out in the end and all the $200 deposits will be credited to my final reservation at YC!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter