which one is better to walk around... Cozumel or Georgetown Grand Cayman port area?

PRINCESS VIJA

Viva Latvia!
If we were to skip doing an excursion and just check out the port area which would be better for that? Grand Cayman or Cozumel?

imo Cozumel. its right along the main street and if you follow this line you will never lose site of the ship. lots of vendors trying to get you in their shops but that happens in most Caribbean ports. you will find a little market back one street if you walk a little ways down.
I just find Cozumel so colourful and grand cayman not so much. again imo, grand cayman is a lot of duty free jewelry shops that are over expensive regardless. not much of anything else. I don't even leave the ship now when we dock at grand cayman.
this is all just how i feel, others will feel diffently. have fun on your cruise.

If we were to skip doing an excursion and just check out the port area which would be better for that? Grand Cayman or Cozumel?
Both are good, my preference is Grand cayman as long as it isn't a sunday when the shops are closed GC is quaint. Cozumel is easy as no tendering but its all tourist T shirt shops and Jewelry shops.

I would have to agree with Disney Fantasy. Grand Cayman is very quaint, and without the pressure of street vendors that you feel in other ports.

Count me as number 3 for GC, I've never seen such a clean and beautiful Caribbean Island. To me it just felt clean and safe. The shops at the port in Cozumel are fine but I didn't want to wander much further out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter