Which music for Cruise CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have Beauty and the Beat! We LOVE it!!!

I have Best of Jimmy Buffet, and Bob Marley, and the soundtrack to 50 first dates! 50 first dates is one of my fav "get in the cruise mood" CD's!!

stina, thanks for your list!! I hope to be getting my list/songs together and putting the CD together within the next few weeks!!! I'll post my list when I do!!!

Thanks for all the great ideas!! Keep them coming!!! :cool1:

When gathered my cruise song collection I used the songs I had already bought on CD's, searched Amazon in their music section (either by titles of songs or artist name) and iTunes. If I only wanted one song I searched iTunes first, if it was their I downloaded it for $. 99 cheap. If I couldn't find it then I went to Amazon and even the online bookstores of Barnes & Noble and Borders. It took awhile but I have enough party music that if it was played at the sail way the sail away party would be almost 90 minutes long!!!

Get the Party Started-Pink **warning, she does say the bad three word for the behind, DCL blips this out if they play the song. I wish I could.

Bouncing Off the Ceiling - A*Teens

Casper Cha-Cha Slide-Casper/Col'ta

We Like to Party-Venga Boys

Disney Mambo #5-Lou Bega on La Vida Mickey CD

Livin'La Vida Loca-Ricy Martin could also use Mickey version from above CD

Walking on Sunshine-Katrina & the Waves (CD with it on it)

Soak Up the Sun-Sheryl Crow

Electric Slide-Neville Livingston (CD Clasic Party Music)

Shout(Parts 1 & 2)- The Isley Brothers (CD The Ultimate Isley Brothers)

Conga-Island Party Jams (CD Island Party Jams by Drew)

Macarena(Bayside Boys Mix)-Los Del Rio

Hot Hot Hot-Island Party Jams (CD Island Party Jams by Drew)

Jump in the Line-Island Party Jams (CD Island Party Jams by Drew)

Bye Bye Bye-N'Sync (CD All star Jock Jams)

When the Sun Goes Down- Kenny Chesney

Drift Away-Nylons- (CD Best of the Nylons)

Kiss Him Goodbye-The Nylons (Cd Hits of the 60's)

**You know, I always wish I had a sound file of the horn to end the above song to, The song is a live version and when it ends it just needs to have the Magic sound her whistle.

Beyond the Sea-Bobby Darnin (because it is a classic and we are out to Sea :) ) You know, I could use some sunshine.

(If nothing about CD the song came from iTunes)
I also have:
The Margaritaville 2 CD set by Jimmy Buffett
The Train, come on and ride
YMCA
Celebration by Kool & the Gang
Get Ready for this by 2 Unlimited
Gonna Make you Sweat Now by C & C Music Factory
Beauty and the Beat CD found on online book store
Who Let the Dogs Out by Baha Men
Whoomp! by Tag Team KiDJams

Have fun finding the songs and burning your CD's or storing the songs on the little iPod's. Ahh, I can hear the steel pans now. Kathy :cool1:

O.K. here is my first CD lineup-
  1. Hot Hot Hot
  2. Disney Boat Whistle
  3. Celebration
  4. Jump In Line (Shake Shake)
  5. Margaritaville
  6. Fins
  7. Volcano
  8. Jolly Mon
  9. Boat Drinks
  10. Five O'Clock Somewhere
  11. Kokomo
  12. Sea Cruise
  13. Southern Cross
  14. Two Pina Coladas
  15. When the Sun Goes Down
  16. Mexico
Time for a new "lay in the hottub, drinking Margarita, dreaming about the Magic" CD. Some planned changes would be to add or replace with songs from Kenny Chesney's new alblum...Island Boy and Guitars &Tiki Bars and some others.
I know that there are alot of 'dance' songs and Disney songs played onboard, but....

Thanks to everyone for the great ideas and lists of songs! I can't wait to search for some of the songs on itunes etc. My daughter knows how to burn etc... looks at us like we're a bit loopy when we don't "catch on" right away! LOL
Thanks again! :love1:
Nancy

snowiit said:
Can someone tell me who sings Hot Hot Hot!? I just can't find it.
Nancy :cool1:

I wasn't sure, and when I did a search on iTunes...i found one from the Little Mermaid Two...so i used that one in my cruise mix!!

Hot, Hot, Hot 3:08 Samuel E. Wright The Little Mermaid II Disney 1 2/25/2005 12:51 PM

Here is my list so far...combined lists of others listed here and found elsewhere. I have best of buffet, and beauty and the beat that I listen to separatley....OH...50 first dates CD is really great too!!!

Summer Breeze (Tsuper Tsunami Mix Philip Steir)4:29 Seals & Crofts What Is Hip? Remix Project, Vol. 1 Pop

Heaven 3:47Los Lonely Boys Los Lonely Boys Latin

Breakaway 3:56 Kelly Clarkson

Love Song 3:28 311 50 First Dates Soundtrack
Bouncing Off the Ceiling (Upside Down)3:15 A*Teens Teen Spirit

Celebration (Single)4:58 Kool & The Gang Celebrate!
Hot, Hot, Hot 3:08 Samuel E. Wright The Little Mermaid II

Beyond the Sea 2:53 Bobby Darin The Ultimate Bobby Darin

Cha Cha Slide (Original Radio)3:44 Mr. C Cha Cha Slide - EP Dance
Mexico 4:03 Jimmy Buffett Live in Las Vegas, NV

Kokomo 3:38 The Beach Boys Sounds of Summer - The Very Best of the Beach Boys

Hey! Baby2:22 Bruce Channel K-Tel's The Swinging Sixties Pop
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere 3:49 Alan Jackson & Jimmy Buffett Alan Jackson: Greatest Hits, Vol. 2

Electric Boogie (Slide)3:32 Various Artists Good Tunes for Good Times Children's Music

Jump in the Line 3:39Harry Belafonte Very Best of Harry Belafonte Vocal
When the Sun Goes Down 4:50 Kenny Chesney When the Sun Goes Down Country

Thats the first mix I have made. I haven't burned the CD yet, so I may add a few more songs to the first CD.

A couple more country favs...
Stays in Mexico--Toby Keith
Senorita Margarita and That's Why God Made Mexico..Tim McGraw
Gotta get that ipod so I can have this done before December!
Kristin :cool1:

I would add Trashin' the Camp, from Tarzan (Phil Collins and N'Sync version). After our cruise, last January, I had this song in my head and couldn't figure out what it was until last month! This song will always make me think of the cruise now. DD1 and DS3 find it very funny and love to dance to it.

After reading this post about music, I decided to make my own. I used most of ths suggestions from the ones I have seen listed on this post, I have not cruised yet but thought that would get me in the cruisin spirit!!
I am going to actually make a copy. I thought come Christmas I am going to make some more cd's and give them my sis-i-law along with other cruise theme items as a gift. My idea is to put the cd, water cameras (disposable), flip flops, suntan lotion,etc. :flower: :cool1:
Here is some of the ones I put on my cd:
Walking on Sunshine
Margaretivelle
Soak up the sun
5 o'clock somwhere
we like to party
ready for this
when ths sun goes down
cha-cha slide

These are two must have Jimmy Buffet songs for a Disney Cruise:

Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Atitudes
A Pirate Turns Forty (for pirate night)
:cool1:

imho, any cruise cd that does not begin with buffett and end with chesney is not worth its weight in salt. return to margaritaville is a great compendium, add license to chill, and chesney's last three albums and you've got a great start. i'd also add santana's supernatural and shaman in the mix. bob marley and peter tosh will throw some spice into the mix as well. then i have to mix in clapton, stevie ray and bb king for some blues. i also like the new trace adkins, and george strait. also give me toby keith's last three albums.

Here is what is on my iPod's cruise playlist:

Beautiful Day U2
Beyond The Sea Robbie Williams
Book of Days Enya
Brandy (You're A Fine Girl) Looking Glass
Caribbean Blue Enya
Caribbean Queen Billy Ocean
Copacabana Barry Manilow
Cruisin' Smokey Robinson
Discothèque U2
Under The Boardwark The Drifters
Edge of the Ocean Ivy
Escape (The Piña Colada Song) Rupert Holmes
Here Comes the Sun Steve Wood, Daniel May, and George Harrison Everest:The IMAX Film Experience
Hot Fun In The Summertime Sly & The Family
Hot, Hot, Hot Buster Poindexter
Island Girl Elton John
La Bamba Ritchie Valens
Love Shack The B-52's
Margaritaville Jimmy Buffett
Montego Bay - Bobby Bloom
Miami Will Smith
My Heart Will Go On James Horner & Céline Dion
Rock The Boat Hues Corporation
Sailing Christopher Cross
Sea Cruise Frankie Ford
Sea of Love Phil Phillips
Shambala Three Dog Night
Somewhere Over the Rainbow Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
Son Of A Son Of A Sailor Jimmy Buffett
Summer Wine The Corrs
Sun Is Shining Bob Marley & The Wailers
Tequila The Champs
The Banana Boat Song (Day-O) Harry Belafonte & Tony Scott
The Morning After Maureen McGovern
The Ocean U2
The Tide Is High Blondie
Under The Boardwalk The Drifters
Vacation Go-Go's
When I Dream At Night Marc Anthony
You are the Sunshine of My Life Floyd Cramer

Don't forget " Upside Down Bouncin' on the ceiling" by the A-teens. Our girls had a blast dancing to this at all the sail away parties. :cool1: It took the great people at this board to help me find the name of the song and the artist(s). Even the staff at Virgin Records at Downtown Disney after our cruise couldn't think of the name or artist. It's a definite must. We got it 2 weeks after we got home, and have played it ever since. :banana: Although I admit it does make us sad when it's done, because then we miss the DCL even more.

Move It Like This Baha Men
Perfect Day - Disney Jams album
Club Paradise - Jimmy Cliff
Cha Cha Slide - Mr. C
Little Mermaid - Kiss The Girl Techno Disney
Best days of our lives - Baha Men Shrek Soundtrack
Favorite Shirts - Haircut 100
Sea of Love - Honeydrippers
Orinocco Flow - Enya

[----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am putting together a CD of music that reminds me of our past cruises. Songs like "Let's Get This Party Started", "YMCA", "I Won't Say I'm In Love"(from Herc. show).......I thought this would be fun to listen to on our 7 hour drive and prior to cruise....I've got my dd (9) and 5 of her friends going.....it will a surprise.....so, this music could be getting them in the mood without even knowing it........

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1: :banana: :wave2:

---------------------------------------------

aiken4mickey said:
I am putting together a CD of music that reminds me of our past cruises. Songs like "Let's Get This Party Started", "YMCA", "I Won't Say I'm In Love"(from Herc. show).......I thought this would be fun to listen to on our 7 hour drive and prior to cruise....I've got my dd (9) and 5 of her friends going.....it will a surprise.....so, this music could be getting them in the mood without even knowing it........

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1: :banana: :wave2:

Hey Baby from the Kangaroo Jack soundtrack. It always brings back memories of sailaway of our '03 Member Cruise. Also Mombo #5 (the Disney version).

We are going to go with WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR.........not hip hop or pop rock but it is what the ship horns play as you depart!!!!! So everytime we hear that now, we think of the cruise ship :)

Have a MAGICAL DAY!!!

Dana
dizneyusa
beanie-babies@att.net
:flower:

ARRRGGGHH

Just yesterday I was thinking of this, and the song was stuck in my head all day.

Picture this: Upper deck, Cozumel sail away party. About ten new friends. two EMPTY bottles of Bailey's Irish Cream on the table.

And the music comes on.

You know, they know it. Up to dance:

AY, Macarena.

Ayup.

Now it's back in my head.

Get it out!

Get it out!

Jim

:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter