Which Moderate do you recommend

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by DonaldsDaisy, May 4, 2005.

1. DonaldsDaisy

DonaldsDaisy Mouseketeer

DH and I are AP holders and want to go for a short weekend in late July for my birthday. We have never stayed a moderate and would like to try one out. Can anyone recommend the best place to go that is more couple friendly? Any adivce would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. catwub

catwub Mouseketeer

How about POFQ?? Great grounds, close to everything. Short walk to POR and you can take the boat to Downtown Disney. I think that POFQ is VERY couple friendly. :love:

Catwub :banana: :banana: :banana:

4. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

We just got back too. This was our 8th trip to CSR and we still love it just as much as our first time back in 1998.

THE PROS
    No sharing bus service with other resorts
    Centrally located with short rides to the parks
    Largest hot tub on WDW property
    Awesome main pool area with 3 quiet pools
    New internal shuttle service eliminates long walks around the resort
    High speed internet service & WiFi available
    Free use of the gym
    Spa/Hair Salon
    Fridge in the room
    Coffeemaker in the room
    Iron and ironing board
    Hair Dryer in room
    2 arcades

THE CONS
    Full size beds
    one sink

IN THE MIDDLE
    The Pepper Market is either a love it or hate it place. We love it but some folks just don't care for it.
    Convention resort - some guests don't like seeing other guests in suits. Doesn't bother us and helps keep the buses empty.

Check out my website below

5. 2MuchOhana

2MuchOhana <font color=darkcoral>Need to figure that one out

POFQ! I love it there. They also offer carriage rides in the evenings which depart from POR marina! The boat ride to DTD is really nice, too!

Jodi :sunny:

6. DonaldsDaisy

DonaldsDaisy Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone for your advice. We really want to have that romantic touch since its my BD and our Anniversary!

7. DisneyJen0504

DisneyJen0504 Married Prince Charming. Mommy to Avery & William

We love CSR! We honeymooned there in May 2004-we found it to be really great for adults! The resort is spacious, relaxing, quiet and peaceful. The rooms are clean, comfortable and you can get a King with a water view for an extra special stay. We also feel that CSR has the best theme pool,food court and bus system especially since you dont share buses with any other resort. We also checked out the spa last time-very nice! I highly recommend this resort!! :sunny:

8. kpm76

kpm76 DIS Veteran<br><font color=purple>Charlie Brown is

Definitely POFQ!!! So romantic :) We love it and it's really couple friendly....

9. kandmwedding

kandmwedding Lover of all things Potato Head

Definitely POR for romance!! Dh and I honeymooned here and had a fantastic time!! It's very quiet and the landscaping is beautiful!! My second choice would be POFQ.

10. safetymom

safetymom Super Moderator

CBR. If you want to get away ask for Trinidad South. It's like its own little resort. It is a far walk to the food court but very private.