Which meal should be out-of-pocket?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by emilyclaire, Mar 2, 2007.

1. emilyclaire

emilyclaire Mouseketeer

If you paid out of pocket for one of these places, which would you choose? I think I'm going to use two TS's at California Grill, but I really don't want to eliminate any of these others. What would you do?

Le Cellier
    Liberty Tree Tavern
    Boma
    Fantasmic at Mama Melrose's
    Teppanyaki Dining Room

I'm know it depends on what we order, but I was just wondering if one of these tends to be cheaper than the other.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. smartestnumber5

smartestnumber5 <font color=blue>Then it's just a fun time<br><fon

Is Teppanyaki on the DDP? I didn't think it was, but I could be wrong.

Well of the set priced options Boma is the cheapest. If you get steak, there's no way you can come out cheaper than Boma at Le Cellier, so definitely don't pay OOP for that one. So I'd say it's between Boma and Teppanyaki. Taking a glance at the menu, I'd say it'd be pretty easy to go over $26 in food, drink, dessert (assuming you would order all of that) per person. So I think definitely pay for Boma OOP.

4. emilyclaire

emilyclaire Mouseketeer

5. winterman

winterman DIS Veteran

I agree that Boma would be cheapest. You don't have to pay extra for desserts or salads, etc.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

6. jcsbama

jcsbama DIS Veteran

Look at the menu and prices on allearsnet.com. I would immediately remove LeCellier from the list. Off hand, Boma or Mama Melrose would probably be the best bets to pay OOP.

7. missmun52

missmun52 DIS Veteran

8. disneylvrnMS

disneylvrnMS Mouseketeer

We were on the free dining plan during our Sept 06 trip. We ate at Teppanyaki Dining Room. It was included then. However, it was our least favorite meal of the entire trip. We were not pleased with our meal there. We eat at a local Japanese restaurant frequently and it is much better than Teppanyaki.

9. bigbabyblues

bigbabyblues DIS Veteran

Yes, we used the ddp for Teppanyaki last month.

10. REL1203

REL1203 DIS Veteran

The Buffets have always been the best Value cause you get so much for a flat rate... So it really depends on how much you want to order off a menu.. If you just did, say, waters and one main dish at momma Melroses, that would be cheaper, but most people do drinks, maybe an App or 2, then Boma is the best choice