Which is worse crowd-wise - Thanksgiving week or Spring Break?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by WendyWhy, Dec 11, 2012.

1. WendyWhy

WendyWhy Mouseketeer

I know that CA Spring Break is spread out over March-April, but have been hearing the crowds are gnarly throughout. We are planning for a two-day trip, a Weds-Thurs in the first week of April 2013.

Our first trip was during the Mon-Weds of Thanksgiving week 2011. Mon and Tues were crowded but manageable - Weds was hellish!

Anyone with thoughts on how the crowds compare? Thanks in advance!:cool1:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. danaesacto

danaesacto DIS Veteran

So Easter is Mar 31 and you are going April 3 & 4? I would expect it to be as busy as the Friday- Sunday after Thanksgiving which was busier than the Wednesday you were there, but I could be wrong.

4. WendyWhy

WendyWhy Mouseketeer

Eeek - I sure know how to pick the good times to go!:sad2:

5. danaesacto

danaesacto DIS Veteran

lol...hopefully I am wrong

6. madigraham

madigraham Mouseketeer

First week of April is prime time at Disney. However it won't be as bad as the week you went for thanksgiving. You can expect wait times to be moderate with hit rides que between 30 to 60 mins depending. Tuesdays tend to be a lesser crowd day.

7. WendyWhy

WendyWhy Mouseketeer

Oh - This is great - I wish we could go on Tues, but traveling with another family, thank you!:thumbsup2

8. Elk Grove Chris

Elk Grove Chris DIS Veteran

During Thanksgiving this year the crowds got lighter later in the week. Tue-Wed were pretty packed, Thanksgiving evening through Saturday were not that bad. I did a trip report recently if you want to see my notes:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3028672

9. packedforadventure

packedforadventure Earning My Ears

I would say Thanksgiving. I would avoid it. Spring break is spread out over so many weeks, that even though it's busy, it doesn't get slammed all at once. Growing up, my family had a tradition of going on Good Friday and it was never too bad.