which is the absolute closest to Epcot?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by abminer, Aug 12, 2012.

1. abminer

abminer Mouseketeer

My parents have recently retired and I'm planning their first "just the two of us" trip to WDW. They love the World Showcase so my goal is to get them in the resort from which they can get there the fastest. I'm thinking BC is the one, but is BWI closer? It's hard to see on the map and while I've been to WDW many times I've never stayed at an Epcot resort. My dad's mobile, but can't walk a ton so even if BC is 2 minutes shorter walking distance than BWI it may be worth it. My mom likes to walk everywhere.

I'm also leaning towards BC because they won't be happy with no counter service option. Will beachclub marketplace do the trick? (I will ask on the dining board too)?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. aprestwich

aprestwich Mouseketeer

I'd say from experience that Beach Club is closer and an easier walk. As I recall, there is a bit of a hill up and over the bridge to the International Gateway. Beach Club does have a bit of a QS location, better than BWI, but not perfect (just my opinion).

Don't forget that they can also take the boats to either Epcot or Hollywood Studios from the dock by the hotel. Would save a bit of energy for the showcase!

Andrew

4. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

the bc is closer than BW to EPcot - you walk out on to WS thru IG. they will be between Great Britian and France

you can go under the bridge and make it an easy walk.

5. FloridaDreaming

FloridaDreaming Mouseketeer

Beach Club. Boardwalk is close and walkable but, it is a bit of a walk since you'll have to exit the hotel and walk all along the Boardwalk, over the bridge and up the slight hill to the IG. Totally doable but, if you are looking to save some more of the walking for the parks, opt for Beach Club.
    We were actually very impressed with the offerings at BC's Marketplace. We stayed in the BCV and it was a very close walk to fill mugs, grab some breakfast or a quick dinner at the end of the night. It's nothing like the moderate or value food courts but, there's a nice selection of sandwiches, flatbread pizzas and desserts as well as some tasty breakfast choices.
    I can't wait to stay at BC again one day. By far my favorite resort to date. :)

6. Megsie1000

Megsie1000 Mouseketeer

Beach Club is definitely closest. We never bothered with the boat because by the time you walk out on the dock to the boat you could be 2/3 of the way to the WS. I hope they enjoy their trip.

7. fla4fun

fla4fun DIS Veteran

BC is definitely the closest, and be sure to walk UNDER the bridge if there are people in your party with mobility issues. You can also request a room close to Epcot, which would make it even easier to go back and forth. There is one elevator at that end of the resort, and if you can get a ground floor room, it's really simple to come and go.

If you think you would prefer taking the boat, then BW/BWV is the better choice because the boat is right there at the resort, and Epcot is only one stop away coming and going.

One thing I do if I'm staying at BC, and going to DHS, is I walk to Epcot and get the boat there. Yes, there will be a couple extra stops, but you have a much better chance of getting a seat on the boat, and the walking distance to the Epcot boat dock and the YC boat dock feel about the same (especially since the dock at YC is a very loooooong one).

I have stayed at both and for ease of walking into Epcot, it's definitely BC all the way, and for boat, BW/BWV.

8. abminer

abminer Mouseketeer

Thanks so much, everyone. I think the clear winner is BC :thumbsup2 and I'll make sure to tell them to walk under the bridge. My mom claims to get seasick just watching boats while standing on solid ground (but she did fine with the boats when we all stayed at WL).