Which is more reliable?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by princessap, Jan 15, 2013.

1. princessap

princessap DIS Veteran

Was reading mousesavers newsletter today and it says that the poly pool is closed from march 5-15?!?!? Everything else I have read says feb 18-March 2. Which is more reliable. Pool is a dealbreaker for us and we arrive the 4th.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. tinkermommyof3

tinkermommyof3 DIS Veteran

If it is a dealbreaker, I personally would not gamble on my vacation. I would change based on the most recent information. Mousesavers is and has been credible. Construction delays are common place. Have a great vacation!:goodvibes

4. princessap

princessap DIS Veteran

Thanks. problem is I want on the monorail and there is no availability with the discounts :(

5. lsenquiz

lsenquiz DIS Veteran

I would call and confirm if it will be closed and if so I would request to be moved to another monorail resorts with the same discount I got for the Poly.

6. SimplyGoofy

SimplyGoofy "You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!"

I'm pretty sure when they take a pool out of commission, they provide a nearby alternative for the resort's guests (such as allowing you to swim at the GF feature pool, next door).

You can still demand a switch, of course, but they won't leave you pool-less.

7. lsenquiz

lsenquiz DIS Veteran

Does the Poly have a quiet pool? When the took the main pool at Boardwalk out of commission the quiet pool was the alternative. This would not have been a fair trade for us if we had been going during the time it was closed.

8. Mommy2TwoMickeys

Mommy2TwoMickeys DIS Veteran

Yes the Poly does have a quiet pool. I am hoping for the best as we arrive March 2-8!

9. CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy <font color=green><br><br><font color=blue>Me and Moderator

The official PDF file from Walt Disney Travel Company to travel agents lists Feb 18 to March 2. The same document also details that all dates are subject to change and some refurbs may take longer than initially expected bla bla bla etc.

So.. there ya go.

10. 2manypets

2manypets DIS Veteran

Princessap, you've been stressing over the pool situation for several weeks now and have stated several times that it would be a deal breaker if the pool was down. There's no way I'd chance it if I just HAD to swim in the Volcano pool. Why not stay at another resort this time and just plan to stay at the Poly the next time you come to WDW?