Which is louder?

Eponine1

DIS Veteran
Hello,

Which restaurant is louder: 1900 Park Fare or Ohana???

We are 2 adults, no kids and we will probably do an 8pm or so reservation.

I have not done either of these. I do stay at the Poly and noticed the noise level in the lobby area from Ohana however :)

Thank you!!!

Never been to Ohana but I can tell you that the noise level at 1900 Park Fare was incredible. So much so that it was our first and last ADR there, lol.

Yikes!!!! I might have to rethink this!!

Thank you for the input. I was hoping by 8pm or so that it would get quieter at 1900.

Oh boy.....ok. I think we will have to find another place for our last night.

I was hoping for something a little quieter and really wanted a character meal. I need something outside the parks. I know Chef Mickey's is crazy.

Um, they were both pretty loud. It was just DH and me as well. Well 1900 PF has the characters, so the kids go crazy with that and Ohanas at dinner has that woman from Hawaii who does songs and some games with the kids. Last time we went to Ohanas we were in a back corner, so it was pretty quiet and nice.

Yikes!!!! I might have to rethink this!!

Thank you for the input. I was hoping by 8pm or so that it would get quieter at 1900.

We ate at both around 8:15 pm during our last trip and both were not that loud. Looking back, our Friday night dinner at Cape May Clambake was honestly louder than than both...it rivaled the noisy level at Chef Mickey's.

Park Fare! There are more kids and interaction with the characters. Plus, tables used to be very close together. I'm not sure if this has changed after the rehab.

We were just talking about that this past weekend and I said - although the food was tasty -- I wanted to tell those step sisters to go stand in separate corners in differents parts of the restaurantt!!!:lmao:

Another vote for PF, having eaten at both multiple times.

That organ playing just takes the surrounding noise level up too much - you're wired after being in there for an hour.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the info. :)

I have crossed both off on my list. I'm thiking of doing Kona Cafe instead.

You guys are the best!! I love these boards.

My DW and I are in the same boat. We have no kids but enjoy the character meals. We have eaten at both and didn't think it was too loud at all really. When you are just two, you are seated at the two person table that are off the beaten path per say. At Ohana, we had a nice table with a view of the water and it was pretty quiet the day we were there.

1900 PF was a little noiser, but enjoyable. If you have no interest in seeing the charaters, then I would avoid them.

Thanks BigGreen73.

We did the Garden Grill last year and LOVED it. As far as character meals go, it was very quiet. I think we had a 7pm ressie.

We did breakfast at Ohana last year too. We had a 7:30 am ressie and were seated at the window with a view of the castle. It only got slightly loud when they played the music and the kids danced around.

This trip, I'm only doing the Garden Grill during the week. I wanted to try a different character dinner (not breakfast) but it seems everything else is really loud. As much as I enjoy Ohana, I can't justify $25+ for breakfast.

We are two adults and enjoyed eating a Ohana and really didn't have a problem with the noise. We enjoyed the Hawaian lady singing with the children but thats only for a couple of minutes. The food is so good there we always make it a must on our list. We went to Crystal's Palace which is a character buffet and wasn't loud at all. I would give Ohanaa try because it is a nice experience and the bread pudding is to die for.

Oh boy.....ok. I think we will have to find another place for our last night.

I was hoping for something a little quieter and really wanted a character meal. I need something outside the parks. I know Chef Mickey's is crazy.

In case you didn't already know, there's no characters at Ohana's dinner.

Yes, I do know that Ohana has no characters.

I was just thinking it would be easy because it's at the Poly and we are staying there.

I was thinking 1900 because it's next door at the GF and we could still watch Wishes from the GF (should be at 9:30 pm that night due to MVMXP).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter