Which is Faster from Disney To Ft. Lauderdale

diaman

Mouseketeer
Hi,
We'll be in Disney this Saturday and will travel to Ft. Lauderdale for a cruise and will come back to Disney after the cruise. Which is the fastest way to get to Ft. Lauderdale and vise versa. I was planning on either taking 528 to 95 South or taking the Florida Turnpike. Any advise will be appriciated! Thanks in advance!

I'd say it's faster, more direct and more pleasant to take Florida's Turnpike the whole way. With your proposed route of Bee Line to 95, you would be doing two sides of the triangle, while Florida Turnpike is the hypotenuse, ie the straight shot. Another advantage to the Turnpike IMO is fewer trucks; 95 is full of big stinky trucks, while the Turnpike has only a few, making it a more pleasant drive. I have also found the Turnpike to be better landscaped than 95, so more interesting things to look at.

So I take the Turnpike whenever it is a realistic choice. YMMV.

pumpkinboy said:
I'd say it's faster, more direct and more pleasant to take Florida's Turnpike the whole way. With your proposed route of Bee Line to 95, you would be doing two sides of the triangle, while Florida Turnpike is the hypotenuse, ie the straight shot. Another advantage to the Turnpike IMO is fewer trucks; 95 is full of big stinky trucks, while the Turnpike has only a few, making it a more pleasant drive. I have also found the Turnpike to be better landscaped than 95, so more interesting things to look at.

So I take the Turnpike whenever it is a realistic choice. YMMV.

I agree! We went to visit our friends in Ft. Lauderdale, took the turnpike, went crazy fast just to keep up with traffic, and were there in no time!

Definately use the turnpike. 95 through Palm Beach can be a nightmare. The turnpike will cost about $15, but it is well worth it.

We actually live in Ft. Lauderdale and travel to Disney at least once a month. We always take the turnpike. 95 can be terrible. Have a great trip!

Jeanelle

Wish I had read this thread before my friends in Boca recommended 95 !!! Between construction (especially around Palm Beach) and accidents (2 in one trip! - not me, luckily) it took me 4 hours each way !! Whatever you do, don't take the road that cuts through Kissimmee/St Cloud (I think it was 192) - seemed like a good idea when looking at the map - total nightmare of crawling from one stop light to the next while on the ground ! - You are getting good advice here !

Turnpike. No question.

I am considering doing this in late April too.

How long does it take via the Turnpike? Going from WDW to FLL pier.

:hourglass Most definitely the turnpike...I live 20 min from Ft.Lauderdale and when we go to WDW we do the turnpike...we actually made it there this past summer in about 2.5 hours!!! Yes I drive a little fast. So figure it really is about a 3 hour trip, even with a short rest stop thrown in. Good luck to you and enjoy!!! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter