Which is closest to Epcot WS?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by jazzielady, Feb 24, 2010.

1. jazzielady

jazzielady DIS Veteran

BC, YC, or BW?

We may be meeting our nephew in Ft. Lauderdale following his voyage on the Semester at Sea program. He wants to spend a few days at DW before coming home, and loves Epcot and the World Showcase.

So which of the 3 is closest to the back entrance into the WS? I did a sample pricing of BC villas, but was curious if that would be our best choice?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. abubu919

abubu919 DIS Veteran

BC resort is closest to Epcot

4. DefLepard

DefLepard DIS Veteran

5. goofy4prez

goofy4prez A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!

My suggestion would be to pick which ever theme you like the best. I personally think some people make way, way, way to much of a big deal over how much closer the BC is to the International Gateway than YC. The difference between the two resorts is only a few hundred yards, or perhaps an extra 2 minute walk. I say, pick away and chose between any one of the three; they are all only minutes away.;)

6. madalex

madalex DIS Veteran

This would have been my answer as well. BC is only slightly closer to Epcot and the walk from either YC or BW to the International Gateway entrance is still only 7 - 9 minutes. Choose an Epcot resort based on theming, where you want to stay, amenities, etc., not distance from Epcot.

7. HockeyMomR

HockeyMomR DIS Veteran

Agree with this as well :thumbsup2 The difference in distance of walk to International Gateway entrance to Epcot between YC & BC is only a few minutes depending on your room location. However, if you would really like to be extra close to entrance to Epcot book a BC room and request "close to quiet pool".

8. Luv2Roam

Luv2Roam Dexter: Takes Life. Seriously.

We have stayed at the BC twice, and by chance got the same room both times! :confused3 :laughing:
    GREAT location. Bottom floor, just off the hot tub and quiet pool. And walking to and from WS entrance is a breeze. We were there or back before we even realized it. :woohoo: