Which is better?

roxwithears

Mouseketeer
We are considering a cruise for the first time and I was wondering what most people prefer. Would you opt for one room with a balcony or would you get two adjoining rooms with window only? We are a family of 4 (2 kids, 7 and 8).

Is a balcony that great or would the extra space be better? :confused3

Thanks

Well, there are only three of us (ds7), but my dh refuses to cruise ever again without a balcony. Not having to "fight" for chairs on the deck is very important to him. It also allows you to have a private space for your family to enjoy the view, and it's nice to be able to step outside after the kids are asleep and spend a moment together enjoying your magical cruise.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure you will have a great time!

roxwithears said:
We are considering a cruise for the first time and I was wondering what most people prefer. Would you opt for one room with a balcony or would you get two adjoining rooms with window only? We are a family of 4 (2 kids, 7 and 8).

Is a balcony that great or would the extra space be better? :confused3

Thanks

The Space would be wonderful but we love the verandah. I think with the ages of your two children I would do the verandah. Once they are older do an adjoiner.

It all depends on what you can afford I suppose. Our first Disney cruise, we had a deluxe oceanview room! Loved it!

The last 2 Disney cruises, we had a navigators verandah! Love it!

Our next cruise we will go back to a deluxe oceanview room again because we have to go in the summer when rates are SO much higher! I know it'll be just fine since the money we are saving will pay for our air fare! :flower:

I agree with Jsme.... go for the verandah. The kids will love it at those ages and you can relax out there.

Have you priced a cat 4? I agree with Jsme. If you can afford the cat 4 you can get a verandah and a little more space. Good luck!

I had a varanda 2 times and loved it if you concern is privicy just pull the curtin and after the day of being in clubs the kids will pass out as soon as they hit the pillow good luck sandra :banana:

I love the veranda! It is nice to sit out and relax in the morning or in the evening. That was my first stop whenever I walked into the room. We have 2 kids 5 & 8 and while at times it seemed cramped I think the only time we were all in there together was in the morning and sometimes before dinner. My kids were ones that did not want to leave the kids club, so often ate there instead of with us.

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter