Which hotels and in what order should I stay?

Capwkidd

Mouseketeer
I plan to be in Orlando for from a Saturday to the Following Sat. I will need rooms from Monday to Saturday (on WDW property, the first 2 nights, Sat and Sun will be at Universal hotels). Since I will be in Orlando for a full week, I need a "break" day in the middle of the stay to just relax. I definitely like The Contemporary hotel (my favorite at the moment), but I would like to try the other Magic Kingdom local hotels. The Grand Floridian is least appealing to be, seems a bit stuffy for my taste. I am very curious about the Wilderness Lodge, looks like the Grand Californian out here (probably be a good hotel just to hang out at, even in the lobby, maybe on that "break" day, hmmm...). It would probably work out best to stay at The Contemporary the last day, as I will be able to spend the max amount of time in the MK that last day by staying there. I also suppose the boardwalk might be interesting for the night/day I plan to go to Epcot/The Studios (which I have not set yet, probably a night with EXTRA magic hours).... Thoughts? Thanks!

Thoughts? Thanks!
Would you want to do a split stay between 2 resorts? Personally, I'm not big on split stays for small amounts of time - it's a lot of moving around. If you want to though that's totally up to you!

I like your ideas of where you might want to stay. The Contemporary or WL are great because they have other transportation besides the busses directly to MK. BW is great for walking/boating to EPCOT/HS. All 3 resorts have great pools for a relaxing day at the resort. Honestly, you would be fine with any of them becuase they are all great resorts with great transportation options. Out of the three of them I would probably pick the Contemporary becuase you have the monorail and can walk to MK. Maybe try and decide which parks you really want to see before booking a resort, if it's primarily MK and EPCOT you would be fine just staying at the Contemporary, because the monorail goes to both parks!

Best of luck with the decision!

When are you going? The Wilderness Lodge will be undergoing a renovation.

Would you want to do a split stay between 2 resorts? Personally, I'm not big on split stays for small amounts of time - it's a lot of moving around. If you want to though that's totally up to you!

I like your ideas of where you might want to stay. The Contemporary or WL are great because they have other transportation besides the busses directly to MK. BW is great for walking/boating to EPCOT/HS. All 3 resorts have great pools for a relaxing day at the resort. Honestly, you would be fine with any of them becuase they are all great resorts with great transportation options. Out of the three of them I would probably pick the Contemporary becuase you have the monorail and can walk to MK. Maybe try and decide which parks you really want to see before booking a resort, if it's primarily MK and EPCOT you would be fine just staying at the Contemporary, because the monorail goes to both parks!

Best of luck with the decision!

I primarily like MK, but I do like Epcot, AK, and really the studios are probably my least favorite.... only 2 mist ride rides..... Epcot has so much to see.... And it's the only place we can see Capt. EO right now....

Oh, and I never use the pools....

When are you going? The Wilderness Lodge will be undergoing a renovation.

When do they start renovating?

Never mind, found it...
Disney's Wilderness Lodge- Refurbishment will start 10/2/2015. The Hidden Springs quiet pool, resort beach, playground, and the fire pit will be closed 10/26/2015. Work will continue through 2017.

I primarily like MK, but I do like Epcot, AK, and really the studios are probably my least favorite.... only 2 mist ride rides..... Epcot has so much to see.... And it's the only place we can see Capt. EO right now....

Oh, and I never use the pools....

Since you primarily like Mk, and like EPCOT as well, I would really consider staying at one of the monorail resorts, like Contemporary. You would be right on the monorail and you could use it to take to both parks.

I would go with the Contemporary, too. If GF feels stuffy to you, my guess is that BC/YC would probably feel that way, too. If you really want 2 resorts, what about the Polynesian? It would be fun to have a rest day there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter