Which Grand Floridian Garden View location

minniessis

Earning My Ears
I am a long time lurker. We are considering a trip in mid December and want to stay at the Grand Floridian. For those who have been there, which location should we ask for when we make a reservation? Are they all equal - is it even necessary to note??

Hi Welcome to the Dis:yay:

We are staying in a garden view room and requested Boca Chica. There is a thread here that is just for the Grand Floridian. They are very helpful over there (tons of info and expert advice). I don't know enough about the locations so I am interested to see what others have to say. I wanted a location that was kinda quiet and without a view of the dumpsters!

I've been doing lots of research on this for my sister. There is tons of info out there, most of it conflicting.

After reviewing all of the information she could with respect to what rooms were good at the GF, she requested a room in Conch Key, marina view, upper floor with a full balcony. Or a Marina view in any building.

Is a mariana request still in the garden view catergory? Is Conch Key the one closet to the boat dock?

We stayed GV at the GF in Sept and we were in Boca Chica. We enjoyed the building. The location was great and we had a beautiful view of the Courtyard pool and main building. We didn't request it because it was our first time there and decided to roll the dice.

We stayed GV at the GF in Sept and we were in Boca Chica. We enjoyed the building. The location was great and we had a beautiful view of the Courtyard pool and main building. We didn't request it because it was our first time there and decided to roll the dice.

Would you request that building for future stays? How was the noise level being close to the pool?

We've stayed at Boca Chica a few times and really enjoy the location and views.
:thumbsup2

Traci, we probably would request Boca Chica again - the location was really centrally located. When bell services came to get our luggage, the guy told us we were the last ones to stay in that room before it would be renovated. Has anyone been there lately?

Thanks Lowillian :)

I have requested Boca Chica upper floor, but I am also considering requesting Conch instead. This is very helpful all. Thanks for the feedback.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter