Which Garden VIew Longhouse room for this May???

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by nwbearcat, Mar 14, 2013.

1. nwbearcat

nwbearcat Earning My Ears

My family and I will be staying at the Poly from May 4-11. We booked a Garden View room. Last year after reading a bunch on Tikiman's website :worship:, we requested tokelau. We were on the first floor near the quiet pool and loved it! It was very convenient to the ttc and quiet pool but was also close to the gch and volcano pool. We planned on requesting it again, but have heard it will be closed for refurbishment. Now I am really unsure which building to request for a GV room. Could someone provide some suggestions? I know Samoa will be back online, but between it's recent refurb. and its popularity, we may have a hard time getting in there. Plus, we want a balcony or patio, and the 2nd floor of Samoa doesn't have that. Where else would be a good choice? As of now I am debating between Tahiti (we liked the bigger room) and rolling the dice with Samoa. I have heard gv at aotearoa is nice, but it is scheduled to be down as well. Nuie and Rarotonga should come back online right around the date we visit if they stay on schedule, but I know little about those buildings. On Tikiman's website he seems to like Tokelau, Samoa, and Aotearoa the best for GV. Two of the three will be closed. Any input would be appreciated!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

We've only stayed in Samao and loved the location. If you would be a happy with either Samoa or Tahiti, I would request Samoa, patio or balcony, Tahiti (in that order). If, at check in, you are not assigned Samoa, you could always ask if a room in that building would be available later in the day (if you're willing to wait for your room). Good luck.