Which do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by SetzKitten, Oct 5, 2005.

1. SetzKitten

SetzKitten <font color=red>I was Harley Chick in another life

The bride ear headband or beanie? I've been leaning towards the headband but after I saw dischick4778's picture with the beanie I think I'm changing my mind. It's so adorable. :) What do you think?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. D&R love Disney

D&R love Disney DIS Veteran

I went with the headband so I could take it off on the rollercoasters easily and I liked the way it looked. I would have had to pin the beanie on.

4. hmgolden

hmgolden <font color=deeppink>Disney Bride June 25, 20

The headband. It fit my head much better!

5. KT27

KT27 <font color=magenta>Disney Bride<br><font color=co

I got the headband (I secretly wear it around the house!)

6. PookieB

PookieB DVC Dreaming

I love the headband! I love the pastel sequins on the ears! They stay on better too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. rosiejo

rosiejo <marquee><font color=orange>Wonky Chick</marquee><

What's the beanie look like? Where's the photo?

8. hiwaygal

hiwaygal <font color=red>Only someone as wonderful as Donna

I made my headband...

I just knew the beanie wouldn't stay on (wind, rides, etc.) so I felt the headband was a better choice.

9. we3disneygo

we3disneygo DIS Veteran

how did you make your headband?????Please tell us....... :banana: :banana: :rolleyes1 thanks!

10. WDWAurora

WDWAurora <font color=teal>I may not be Peter's Tink, but I'

Here was my choice:

[​IMG]

Definitely comfortable and I LOVE the sequins. So cute! It felt a little more sturdy than the beanie to me as well.

11. LK03

LK03 DIS Veteran

[​IMG]

Maybe you can see, but I chose the beanie. Once I saw fellow DISers getting their beanies embroidered and decorated I knew I had to have it. The pinning wasn't hard, just 4 bobby pins and voila it stayed on!

12. hiwaygal

hiwaygal <font color=red>Only someone as wonderful as Donna

I bought a regular white fabric-covered headband at Wal-mart or Target (where-ever) and bought the extra thick white craft foam, glitter, and irridescent sequin trim at Joann Fabrics.

I traced my old Minnie ears for the shape and cut the ears out of the white foam (it was about 1/4 inch thick). Then I covered them in glue and glitter and let them dry. Then I hot glued the irridescent sequin trim around the edge of the ears and then hot glued the ears to the headband.

I also got some tulle from Joann's and cut a piece for the "veil" and hot glued it to the headband (between the ears) as well.

You could make it more fancy or simple as you choose. Mine was very simple, and fun, only took a few minutes (most of the time was for the glitter/glue to dry) and cost quite a bit less than $16. I did have to buy DH's hat though! ;)

13. SetzKitten

SetzKitten <font color=red>I was Harley Chick in another life

Thanks for the help! I'm going with the headband. Now for the big problem, how to get FDH to wear his top hat. I don't think he will. Party pooper. :rolleyes: He says he doesn't want to look stupid. I told him not to worry because I'd be taking care of that for him. ;) :p

14. pouncingpluto

pouncingpluto DIS Veteran

The beanie is very cute, but my hair is too thick and my head is too big for it. :) I have the headband.

15. EvilinaDM101

EvilinaDM101 I LOVE Disney, Lilo and Stitch, Depeche Mode and m

Sorta the same idea as hiwaygal but took the ears off the beanie and attached them to a white plastic headband that I bought at target. This was the tricky part. FDH took one of his tools from the garage and drilled holes into the headband. If you've never noticed before, they are just attached with kinda like eyelet looking things. I then attached some tulle and went with the same idea as the headband but I got my ears personalized when we were down there last. I'll have to take a picture of them and post it when I get the chance.

16. we3disneygo

we3disneygo DIS Veteran

Thanks for the directions !!! post a pic if you can... :Pinkbounc

17. EvilinaDM101

Sorry about the delay! Had to charge up my camera!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think you get the idea!

Shonnel :earsgirl:

18. Coloradogrl

Coloradogrl Mouseketeer

Evilina- You should post a pic of you wearing them!!! Did you make them....how?

19. EvilinaDM101

In the next few, everyone on here will get tired of seeing pictures of me! We leave in 5 days! As for the headband, yes I did make them and it was quite easy. My previous post explained how to do it. It's easy! :earsgirl:

20. Coloradogrl

Coloradogrl Mouseketeer

Is there a reason on why you decided to make them yourself instead of just buying them other then wanting to personlize them?

21. EvilinaDM101

Actually . . . .ummmm the personalization was the main reason. But then I also liked the fit of this headband. <-- I have a BIG head :teeth: