which Disney Movies should we watch before a trip to Disney World?

Darleen

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I hope Im right here...

We will take a 3 and 6 year old to Disney in a few months and we want to get a collection of Disney Movies together so we can watch them again and again before we go on our trip so we wont hear the question "whos that?" all the time ;)
(they lived with their mother until a few months ago and seem to have no clue about some Disney characters)

So which movies are a must see?

We'll be leaving for WDW very soon and we've recently started our pre-trip Disney movie marathon. Here are some choices that coincide with rides and attractions (and restaurants/characters) in the parks:

Finding Nemo
Cinderella
Peter Pan
Snow White
The Little Mermaid
The Lion King
Aladdin
Lady and the Tramp
Mary Poppins
Alice in Wonderland
Dumbo

Winnie the Pooh movies and/or cartoons (Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day is a good choice)
Any of the Toy Story movies
Beauty and the Beast
Sleeping Beauty
The Princess and the Frog
Monsters, Inc.
Lilo and Stitch
Br'er Rabbit (Non-Disney movie)

Any of the Muppet movies
Any Disney cartoon featuring Mickey Mouse and the rest of the gang

Have a wonderful trip!!

I would say that Cinderella is a must because then you can tell them who lives in the castle!

Have fun! :goodvibes

I will recommend the below given movies:
Cinderella
Peter Pan
The Lion King
Aladdin

Cinderella
Peter Pan
Finding Nemo
Beauty and the Beast
Toy Story
Snow White maybe

here's a list of movies and the dates I'm watching them. it's a countdown i'm doing until my trip comes up! 10 more days...

1 - beauty and the beast (sun, 13)
2 - bambi (sat, 12)
3 - fantasia 2000 (fri, 11)
4 - the little mermaid (thu, 10)
5 - 101 dalmatians (wed, 9)
6 - the great mouse detective (tue, 8)
7 - aladdin (mon, 7)
8 - snow white (sun, 6)
9 - toy story 2 (sat, 5)
10 - pocahontas (fri, 4)
11 - cinderella (thu, 3)
12 - the fox & and the hound (wed, 2)
13 - toy story (tue, 1)
14 - alice in wonderland (mon, 28)
15 - the lion king (sun, 27)

Hmm would say the Must Sees are:

• Lion King
  • Peter Pan
  • Winnie the Pooh
  • Cinderella - they need to know whose castle that is afterall :rotfl:
  • Little Mermaid
  • Toy Story
  • Cars
  • A Mickey/Donald/Goofy cartoon on DVD or see Mickey and the Beanstalk (the giant is featured in one of the shops in MK)
  • A Chip and Dale cartoon (might even find one on the same DVD as Mickey/Donald/Goofy
  • Finding Nemo

If you have time and plan to do the corresponding features:
  • Monsters Inc
    [*]Lilo and Stitch
    [*]Snow White
    [*]Beauty and the Beast
    [*]Dumbo

Additional movies to understand characters (and parks where we have seen them). You may see characters from these movies in the parks:
  • Alice in Wonderland (MK, EPCOT-character photo area)
  • -also Teacups at MK
  • Robin Hood (MK)
  • The Incredibles (EPCOT-character photo area)
  • Jungle Book (AK)
  • Song of the South (if you can find a copy) (AK)
  • - Splash Mtn will also be better understood with this movie
  • Pinocchio (EPCOT- Italy)
  • A Bugs Life (AK) - also a feature/3D show at AK (might even move this to must see)
  • The Rescuers (MK)
  • Aladdin (MK, Epcot- Morocco)
You will see Mary Poppins at Epcot -England
You will also see characters from the Must See List above at multiple parks!

Lady and the Tramp, Dalmatians and Sleeping Beauty are classic Disney! Would include all three if you are able to!
When they finish the updates at MK would place Snow White and Beauty and the Beast in the must see category.
I see your ticker shows a trip 2 weeks away! Hope you have already gotten a bunch in since November!!!

I'll add "The Three Caballeros" as the boat ride at Epcot's Mexico pavilion uses characters from this film.

Not a movie, but Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers.

I love the list above and would add Mary Poopins, Tarzan, and Mulan. These are some of my favs.

Pocahantas and Mulan dont get the love they deserve, they have really grown to be some of our favorites both son snd dd

I would recommend any movie that has a specific tie in to a ride or attraction to the park. This helps in immersing one in the Disney experience, which is key IMO. Some that probably would not be mentioned (or forgotten) in other lists are the Tarzan movies, roger rabbit and The Haunted Mansion. Then there are the more obvious ones.

Hmm.... One that I haven't seen mentioned is Sleeping Beauty. I would suggest watching it with your younger kids to test their fear around Malificent and/or fire-breathing dragons. Malificent appears in the castle show, "Dream Along with Mickey" and that dragon in "Fantasmic!" scares a few adults.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter